in house dollar bill thumbnail
In-House Image
 Total: 42,991 books
 New: 161 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

3-D past and present

Pages: [1]

topic icon Author Topic: 3-D past and present  (Read 2350 times)

73042helloworld

message icon
3-D past and present
« on: April 13, 2015, 06:59:40 PM »

I have scans of about 30 comics in 3-D; most of them are from 1953-54 and the rest are not PD.  I remember others printed at the same time.  I would like to suggest a limited category for all 3-D.  The way they are scattered in each publisher's list is a little confusing.  Admittedly, if you only want those of a certain title like "Three Stooges" or "Captain 3-D" or some other book, you have to know the publisher and  some 3-D books were not part of a well known company.  One location for 3-D would be great.

Also a want in 3-D:  In 1953, Cheerios had premiums of 3 sets of Disney 3-D comics.  Each set was 8 books consisting of 32 pages of 1 tier each.   Maybe premiums should have a location too.

Don
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
Re: 3-D past and present
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2015, 12:42:56 AM »

I think a 3D section would be fine if Mark wants one. He's the boss
ip icon Logged

MarkWarner

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2015, 05:41:26 AM »

There is another solution. We have some unused functionality designed just for this! The idea is that you can slice and dice the books we have and put into what ever collection you want.

I keep meaning to start using it. On the big yellow menu bar is a section called Collections ... presently and for WAY TOO LONG it has just one demonstration section entry "Seduction of The Innocent".

You can add titles, or individual books or a starting page in a book. It will need a bit of dusting down as been mothballed for a bit of time! But this would make a great first project and hopefully will kickstart others!
ip icon Logged

73042helloworld

message icon
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2015, 10:02:54 PM »

Hey, Mark, this is another Idea I had and didn'tg even know you had one like it.

Sounds great to me, but I have never even tried to upload anything.  I started doing this because I file by feature not book title.  If I do not enjoy a feature, I don't have to keep it just because I like the other features.  A few months ago, I assigned a couple of complete series into 24 to 32 page editions.  I then started looking for covers to use (combine porfions or use whole covers for them.  I planned to use the original dates of the books the stories were in and number them F1-F10 or however many pages there were.  Thed F stands for FAUX.  I also created a slug for the cover that says "A FAUX ISSUE".

I built 5 covers for QUALITY's PLASTIC MAN stories from POLICE COMIC 1 TO 21 (1st story from PLASTIC MAN no. 1 completed No. F5.  Cover of PM No. 1 became the cover of F6 which contains the   remainder of  PM No. 1.

I am approaching my 73rd Birthday this summer and have arthritic fingers so I don'te type much and havent even tried to upload to the site, so I don't know how.  IK'd love to continue, but  doing this but I lost my PAINT SHOP PRO 9 to a computer glitch and can 't afford to replace it due to very limited income.

Please excuse the typos -- I spent an hour correcting and still missed some.

ip icon Logged

Yoc

• VIP & JVJ Project Member
message icon
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2015, 09:07:09 PM »

How does one start a new Collection for that section Mark?

-Yoc
ip icon Logged
Pages: [1]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission and Disclaimer: The mission of Comic Book Plus is to present completely free of charge, and to the widest possible audience, popular cultural works of the past. These records are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They are historical documents reflecting the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We at Comic Book Plus do not endorse the views expressed in these, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

We aim to house only content in the Public Domain. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, then please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further.