in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 42,782 books
 New: 213 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

Re: A-1 Comics 025 - Fibber McGee

Pages: [1]

topic icon Author Topic: Re: A-1 Comics 025 - Fibber McGee  (Read 567 times)

Rainbowgirl1

message icon
« on: April 20, 2015, 09:30:01 PM »

Might the art be by Bob Oksner,who drew Jerry Lewis and Bob Hope for D.C.in the fifties and sixties? It looks like a golden age version of his style to me,but that could just be a generic thing,I don't know if he was even in the field at this time.

Link to the book: A-1 Comics 025 - Fibber McGee
ip icon Logged

jimmm kelly

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2015, 02:52:28 PM »

There are some elements of style that are similar to Bob Oksner, but my guess is not Oksner. There might have been some common influences between Oksner and this artist. In other ways, this artist seems to be influenced by Chic Young's BLONDIE.
ip icon Logged
Pages: [1]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission and Disclaimer: The mission of Comic Book Plus is to present completely free of charge, and to the widest possible audience, popular cultural works of the past. These records are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They are historical documents reflecting the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We at Comic Book Plus do not endorse the views expressed in these, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

We aim to house only content in the Public Domain. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, then please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further.