in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 43,074 books
 New: 213 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

Like, hello from Southern California, Dude!

Pages: [1]

topic icon Author Topic: Like, hello from Southern California, Dude!  (Read 2487 times)

lord_tnk

message icon
Like, hello from Southern California, Dude!
« on: April 23, 2015, 11:51:31 PM »

Hi, I'm Lord_TNK (fully spelled out "Lord The Night Knight") from Los Angeles county (just in the desert part instead of the seaside part), and I just discovered this site yesterday. I think it's awesome that there are site such as this dedicated to preserving old media. Freakin' thumbs up for digital preservation!

If I had one complaint for this site, it's that there doesn't seem to be an option for looking at comic pages shrunk down. Even on my 1080p monitor it just makes it a bit of a pain to look through all these comics. Did I just not find it yet?
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
Re: Like, hello from Southern California, Dude!
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2015, 02:13:22 AM »

welcome aboard TNK. You can use conrol - to shrink the images
ip icon Logged

MarkWarner

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2015, 07:33:51 AM »

Hi No there isn't an option. It is something that is slowly heading up the to-do list! And thank-you for the nice comments :)
ip icon Logged

lord_tnk

message icon
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2015, 10:31:53 AM »

^ Well it's nice to know it's being worked on.

^^ And thanks for the tip. At least I can do that for now.
ip icon Logged

mr_goldenage

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2015, 03:13:09 PM »

Welcome fellow Southern Californian! Good to see someone here from my neck of the woods. I am in the (in)famous Orange County CA. Glad to have U here. Enjoy there is tons of stuff here to look @. Check out our international sections - lots of cool stuff there too.

Richard Boucher AkA Mr_Goldenage
ip icon Logged

paw broon

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2015, 04:43:03 PM »

Hello lord_tnk.  Welcome to CB+.  Enjoy the comics and as mr_goldenage says, "Check out our international sections - lots of cool stuff there too."
ip icon Logged

lord_tnk

message icon
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2015, 09:31:36 PM »

"Check out our international sections - lots of cool stuff there too."

Do you mean the "Non English" link at the top links section, or something else?
ip icon Logged

paw broon

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2015, 08:06:34 AM »

Yes, but also the UK and Australian/NZ section at the bottom of the comic books listings.  If you can read even a wee bit of French or Spanish or Italian, etc., the Non English section will definately turn up some interesting stuff for you.
Take your time and work through the sections, I'm sure you'll find it worthwhile.
ip icon Logged
Pages: [1]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission and Disclaimer: The mission of Comic Book Plus is to present completely free of charge, and to the widest possible audience, popular cultural works of the past. These records are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They are historical documents reflecting the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We at Comic Book Plus do not endorse the views expressed in these, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

We aim to house only content in the Public Domain. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, then please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further.