in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 43,470 books
 New: 236 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

Comixology

Pages: [1]

topic icon Author Topic: Comixology  (Read 1434 times)

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
Comixology
« on: June 18, 2012, 12:30:19 AM »

I bought several books on Comixology today. I know that several of you dislike that the books must be cloud read. Since I have more books to read than I will ever get to, I do not have a problem with not owning the books since I will not likely read them more than once. I have found two big advantages in price and availability. I have been able to fill some holes and been able to buy some graphic novels for only a buck or two. Many series give the first issue free or at least the first ten pages so you can have an idea what you are getting. The variety is also more than what I could find anywhere but ebay. On ebay you have to pay shipping but with Comixology you do not. Three years ago Captain Blood came up as I had the first issue. Just today I got the second  for a buck  :) It was to have been 5 issues and maybe if enough buy the digital it could be. I guess you can tell I liked it. More later on my Comix purchases and recommendations
ip icon Logged

Yoc

• VIP & JVJ Project Member
message icon
Re: Comixology
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2012, 02:09:17 AM »

Thanks for the post narf.
I am thinking about an iPad in my future and it sounds like Comixology is basically the only game in town.
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
Re: Comixology
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2012, 04:21:13 AM »

There is also Wowio, Graphicly and Drivethru but I use Comixology because my LCS has a shop there and they get some of the money. If you have no particular loyalties you can sign up through Diceheads.com and help out a small LCS. BTW I would never buy anything apple. I totally despise their business model and proprietery everything as well as no sd or usb. If the textbook company had not given me the ipad I would not have one. It is, however a great comic book reader.
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
Comixology
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2012, 12:58:26 AM »

Darn free first issues. I have to stop checking the digital section of Comixology. I have some free first issues to read and know I will end up buying some series. I have learned to be careful that a series will actually finish because I hate when they stop before the story is over.
ip icon Logged
Pages: [1]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission: Our mission is to present free of charge, and to the widest audience, popular cultural works of the past. These are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They reflect the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We do not endorse these views, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

Disclaimer: We aim to house only Public Domain content. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further. Utilizing our downloadable content, is strictly at your own risk. In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.