in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 42,913 books
 New: 94 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

Capitan Trueno

Pages: [1]

topic icon Author Topic: Capitan Trueno  (Read 595 times)

paw broon

• Administrator
message icon
Capitan Trueno
« on: April 04, 2021, 03:20:12 PM »

I decided to have another go at tidying my Spanish comics.  Same result this time as the last time.  Quite quickly I pulled Capitan Trueno from the shelf.  These are the coloured magazine size issues featuring stories from the '60's by Victor Mora and Fuentes Man.  Couldn't resist them so I started re-reading.  Some of the stories are bonkers. There is a point where there are giant war balloons of an amazing design.  A huge grotto inside a waterfall where the tyrant keeps his mongolfiers; a battle between battle balloons and specially built boxes constructed beneath the Capitan's balloons containing 2 tigers each, which, when within range of the enemy balloon, are released and leap onto the bad guys balloon to their horror.
Amazing entertainment.
ip icon Logged

Andrew999

message icon
Re: Capitan Trueno
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2021, 07:30:45 AM »

Sounds exactly my cup of tea!
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2021, 01:27:31 AM »

I have been listening to Radio Archives audiobooks of G8 and His Battle Aces. This sounds right up that alley
ip icon Logged

paw broon

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2021, 01:56:37 PM »

I read some G8 pulps years ago - a friend was a pulp fan and expert - and some of the plots were also bonkers.  Great reads.
Take a look at the covers here:-
https://glitternight.com/2020/09/16/pulp-hero-g-8-and-his-battle-aces-stories-twenty-eight-through-thirty-2/
https://duckduckgo.com/?q=G8+and+his+battle+aces+pulps&t=vivaldi&iax=images&ia=images
ip icon Logged

The Australian Panther

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2021, 07:54:55 AM »

If you look at the link Paw supplied, you will find this.
https://www.comics.org/series/1759/
G-8 and His Battle Aces 
one Gold Key issue only. GCD doesn't identify the artist, neither can I, but he's not bad, one of the Western Pub. regulars.
There is also this.
G-8 and his Battle Aces #1
'Grun - The Green Terror'

Based on the Novel 'The Green Scourge of the Skyriders'  by Robert J Hogan
in 'Blazing Comics' 1991 Argosy Productions [ So they obviously still hold the copyright - which maybe explains why there have been so few comics about the property and no TV, Video Games or movie. ]   
By - Wait for it! Chuck Dixon and Sam Glantzman and cover by Timothy Truman.
Pity it didn't take off. Would have been a great series!   
I think some of you may be interested in looking at this one, so I will send a link to Paw.
Can't stop thinking, wouldn't a video game be mega!

Cheers!         
« Last Edit: April 09, 2021, 01:03:49 AM by The Australian Panther »
ip icon Logged

paw broon

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2021, 04:10:05 PM »

Ta muchly. ;D 
I had this at the time. 
ip icon Logged
Pages: [1]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission: Our mission is to present free of charge, and to the widest audience, popular cultural works of the past. These are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They reflect the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We do not endorse these views, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

Disclaimer: We aim to house only Public Domain content. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further. Utilizing our downloadable content, is strictly at your own risk. In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.