in house dollar bill thumbnail
Comic Book Plus In-House Image
 Total: 42,888 books
 New: 91 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

Re: Animal Crackers 31

Pages: [1]

topic icon Author Topic: Re: Animal Crackers 31  (Read 469 times)

nenslo

message icon
« on: January 09, 2022, 08:00:02 PM »

Story listing is for a Donald Duck comic. Is this being done by a bot or something? I don't see how a person could make this mistake and it is not the first time this sort of thing has happened in recent days. Maybe just look at the comic and compare it to the info before posting it?

Link to the book: Animal Crackers 31
ip icon Logged

paw broon

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2022, 09:41:34 AM »

The info below the scan is from GCD.  As I don't use GCD, I'm not 100 % sure how GCD info is attached to the post, but there must occasionally be simple errors clicking the correct GCD info. That seems to be what has happened here. Let's not pile opprobrium on the poster.  Mistakes happen.  I trust someone will correct the info and add the correct GCD page, although I think Robb probably knows more about this book than GCD.
ip icon Logged

Robb_K

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2022, 06:13:19 PM »

Clearly, the GCD detailed book information for Dell Four Color Comic #238 (Donald Duck in Voodoo Hoodoo) somehow was erroneously placed together with this book, Fox Features' Animal Crackers #31. I assume that one of the Administrators here will be able to replace the incorrect page with the proper one.  And, yes, I have more information on Animal Crackers # 31 than is listed on GCD's detailed information page.  And, indeed, as I have a membership account on GCD, which qualifies me to make additions to the pages, I already have tried to add some of the missing information two years ago; but, unfortunately the system did not allow me to do that.  I contacted the administration about the problem.  They said that they were extremely busy right then, but said that they would fix that problem as soon as they could get to it.  It is two years later, and I have contacted them about 3 or 4 times since, but they still haven't corrected the situation.  I have given up hope of being able to add data myself.  Surprisingly, they HAVE actually gotten to make a correction of an error on one book, which I proposed.  But, that is only one of several that I pointed out to them.  They are severely understaffed; but, despite that problem, they are also reticent to allow outsiders to join as operatives.  And even when they do allow that, they are unbelievably slow in allowing those people to start (due to glitches in the system that keep them from being accepted (or getting clearance).  I wonder if it is because in my case, I deal almost exclusively with Funny Animal genre and cartoony Human character comics, and their priorities are always with human character, non comedy comics?  So my issues ALWAYS are very last in line on the back burner, and invariably are forgotten long before time to deal with them might come up.

« Last Edit: January 10, 2022, 08:46:23 PM by Robb_K »
ip icon Logged
Pages: [1]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission: Our mission is to present free of charge, and to the widest audience, popular cultural works of the past. These are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They reflect the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We do not endorse these views, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

Disclaimer: We aim to house only Public Domain content. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further. Utilizing our downloadable content, is strictly at your own risk. In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.