in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 43,472 books
 New: 223 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

Re: T.H.U.N.D.E.R. Agents 01

Pages: [1]

topic icon Author Topic: Re: T.H.U.N.D.E.R. Agents 01  (Read 160 times)

trebor53

message icon
« on: October 15, 2022, 09:00:03 PM »

I had a hard time finding Tower Comics. I found them in a city 20 miles away and in a department store of all places. There was a comics rack hidden in the back of the store.
The artwork was inconsistent from one issue to another, but I liked the series.

Link to the book: T.H.U.N.D.E.R. Agents 01
ip icon Logged

The Australian Panther

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2022, 09:21:15 PM »

I found them in a city 20 miles away and in a department store of all places. There was a comics rack hidden in the back of the store.

Nice to know that others went through experiences like that to find comics.
cheers!
ip icon Logged

Robb_K

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2022, 03:20:43 AM »

I found them in a city 20 miles away and in a department store of all places. There was a comics rack hidden in the back of the store.

Although I never made great finds of old classic comic books in a hidden place, but that IS how I found many of the most valuable records in my record collection, looking at the loose records that had fallen behind bookshelves in furniture and junk stores, that had lain there for 15-20, or even 30 years!  I always took extra time and effort, and it paid off. 

I DID, however find many great 2nd hand late 1940s and early 1950s comic books on the 5 cent 2nd hand bargain shelves at the end of the 1940s, and all the way through the 1950s.  An, like my record collection, that is how I managed to afford amassing thousands in both collections.  And NOW, thanks to CB+, I am enjoying learning about comic book series I had never known about before, or couldn't find at a low enough price, or couldn't afford to buy at "collectors' prices.
ip icon Logged
Pages: [1]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission: Our mission is to present free of charge, and to the widest audience, popular cultural works of the past. These are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They reflect the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We do not endorse these views, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

Disclaimer: We aim to house only Public Domain content. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further. Utilizing our downloadable content, is strictly at your own risk. In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.