in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 42,888 books
 New: 90 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

Help a Desperate Artist

Pages: [1]

topic icon Author Topic: Help a Desperate Artist  (Read 1876 times)

profh0011

• Global Moderator
message icon
Help a Desperate Artist
« on: September 18, 2011, 04:19:49 PM »

I hope nobody minds, but... Things are SO bad, financially, and until I actually hook up with a regular job I'm a nervous wreck worrying about now I'm gonna get get thru the next month or two.

So here's my idea... why not do COMMISSION sketches? I figure, $50 for full pencils, $100 for fully-inked, per figure, your choice of any character. This kind of thing would SERIOUSLY help me take care of certain things like my electric bill, heating oil bill, and credit card bill.

E-mail me direct and we'll see what we can set up.

Henry

http://www.webspawner.com/users/zodiaccomics/comics.html
http://www.webspawner.com/users/zodiaccomics/xxxpages.html
ip icon Logged

profh0011

• Global Moderator
message icon
Re: Help a Desperate Artist
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2011, 09:50:10 PM »

Once again I'm letting people know I'm available to do commissions.  Last month I did a company logo, 2 political cartoons and a comic-book cover.  The money REALLY helped.  But I'm nowhere near out of the woods yet.  I'm STILL desperately looking for a job that doesn't seem to be out there, and I could use all the help I can get

If there's anything you need, business cards, character pin-ups, you name it, let me know.  We'll set something up!

For some samples of my work, go here...

Henry
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2011, 01:54:23 AM »

The cartoons he did for me came out great. I sent them to TEA and hope they get published or put in a newspaper
ip icon Logged

profh0011

• Global Moderator
message icon
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2011, 04:18:50 PM »

Pardon my posting this again (with update)...

Things are SO bad, financially, and until I actually hook up with a regular job I'm a nervous wreck worrying about how I'm gonna get get thru the next few months. So here's my idea... why not do COMMISSION sketches? I figure, $50 for full pencils, $100 for fully-inked, per figure, your choice of any character. This kind of thing would SERIOUSLY help me take care of certain things like my electric bill, heating oil bill, and credit card bill. E-mail me direct and we'll see what we can set up. As you can see, this can also cover company logos, political cartoons, comic-book covers... ANYTHING you need, I'm up for it!

I've just set up a gallery at my website in the MISC. ART section so you can see what I've done so far.

Scroll down to the bottom of the page, click the tiny "gallery" button, then scroll down to "a. Misc. Art 6 Commissions".  But don't miss all the other fun stuff there, as well as the other sections!

Henry
ip icon Logged

Janus Wolf

• VIP & JVJ Project Member
message icon
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2011, 01:19:50 AM »

Interesting work, send me an email, perhaps I have a project for you.

Janus
ip icon Logged
Pages: [1]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission: Our mission is to present free of charge, and to the widest audience, popular cultural works of the past. These are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They reflect the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We do not endorse these views, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

Disclaimer: We aim to house only Public Domain content. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further. Utilizing our downloadable content, is strictly at your own risk. In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.