in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 43,470 books
 New: 224 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

Re: Everybody's Comics nn part 1

Pages: [1]

topic icon Author Topic: Re: Everybody's Comics nn part 1  (Read 960 times)

crashryan

• VIP & JVJ Project Member
message icon
« on: December 02, 2013, 12:06:54 AM »

No getting around it: Pussy Katnip was one of the weirdest comics characters of all time.

Was all this material in this huge book reprinted from earlier comics?

Link to the book: Everybody's Comics nn part 1
ip icon Logged

jimmm kelly

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2013, 01:17:45 AM »

Crash Ryan reads more comics in one day than I will probably read in a lifetime.

Okay, I looked for Pussy Katnip, but I couldn't find it--the pages stop at 100, so is there something I'm missing? (It would be good if all commentors gave the CB+ page numbers--to make it easier for us to see what they're talking about.)

I used to assume that the highest priced comics up until the '70s were no more than 25 cents and that any comics were no more than a hundred pages. But looking at many comics on CB+, I'm happy to see I was completely mistaken in that belief.
ip icon Logged

movielover

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2013, 01:22:52 AM »

It starts on page 41 on part 2

https://comicbookplus.com/?dlid=38716

do to size, the book was split in two
ip icon Logged

jimmm kelly

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2013, 01:55:11 AM »

Thanks for the directions.

I wonder if Pussy Katnip sounded as provocative then as it sounds to me now. She could have been a model for Omaha the Cat Dancer.

I imagine the comics here were already published somewhere else. Or that Fox took copies of unsold comics and saddle stitched them all together to make one big comic for resale--as he did with other comics.
ip icon Logged

crashryan

• VIP & JVJ Project Member
message icon
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2013, 08:02:05 AM »

I don't think this is a straight re-package job because all the pages have "Everybody's Comics" on top. In a re-packaged book they'd have the title of whatever coverless comics Ol' Vic bound into the mix. That doesn't rule out reprints, though.

On a related subject, the title panel drawings of "Sis and Jr." (Part 2) look spookily like little Robby Crumb's first pro job.
ip icon Logged
Pages: [1]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission: Our mission is to present free of charge, and to the widest audience, popular cultural works of the past. These are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They reflect the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We do not endorse these views, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

Disclaimer: We aim to house only Public Domain content. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further. Utilizing our downloadable content, is strictly at your own risk. In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.