in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 42,887 books
 New: 90 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

Re: Moon Girl 2 (fiche)

Pages: [1]

topic icon Author Topic: Re: Moon Girl 2 (fiche)  (Read 134 times)

Andrew999

message icon
« on: February 29, 2020, 09:30:03 AM »

Oh wow – I think I’m in love (again). Looking her up on the net, it seems Moon Girl only lasted a few issues which is sad – there’s so much back story that could be developed here. I think my new Moon Girl adventures though will dispense with boring Prince (another rip-off of Steve Trevor in WW)

As Panther says, the Wonder Woman rip-off cover is striking. I’ve just belatedly seen the WW movie by the way – not bad but not overly impressed. I guess I would give it 7 out of 10 – anyone else have a view?

Battle of the Congo was my favourite – always been a sucker for jungle maidens, mystery kingdoms and such like. I’m suddenly a big fan of Moldoff’s pencils. Future Man looks remarkably like me – especially the ears sadly - and clearly shares my views on Moon Girl’s potential. The Rustlers showed Moon Girl is more than a one-trick pony and in Most Daring Man, we learn Claire Lune’s a crossdressing history teacher of exceptional features who clearly has an affinity with toys of masculinity. What a gal!

Link to the book: Moon Girl 2 (fiche)
ip icon Logged

The Australian Panther

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2020, 12:37:29 PM »

I've since discovered that there were 7 issues of Moon Girl, the last two were called 'Moon Girl Fights Crime'  and don't appear to be on CB+. In them Moon Girl gets a sidekick, a young girl with similar powers called STAR.  And in the very last story the Prince, who does nothing in the story, appears in one panel in a similar costume to Moon Girl, does nothing and that's the last we see of him.
Also in 2011/12 a Canadian company called RED5 did a 5 issue MoonGirl mini series. I've managed to get a look at it. They even dedicated it to Moldorf and Fox. That said it's off the wall weird. An excellent artist and writer, but very seriously in need of an editor. Possibly they were enjoying certain substances while creating this 'Masterpiece' ?       
ip icon Logged
Pages: [1]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission: Our mission is to present free of charge, and to the widest audience, popular cultural works of the past. These are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They reflect the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We do not endorse these views, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

Disclaimer: We aim to house only Public Domain content. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further. Utilizing our downloadable content, is strictly at your own risk. In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.