in house dollar bill thumbnail
Comic Book Plus In-House Image
 Total: 42,888 books
 New: 91 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

UFO

Pages: [1]

topic icon Author Topic: UFO  (Read 1299 times)

Andrew999

message icon
UFO
« on: May 30, 2021, 04:40:21 PM »

So the Pentagon is about to make a big announcement about UFOs:

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/12/16/us/politics/pentagon-program-ufo-harry-reid.html
https://www.nbcnews.com/think/opinion/pentagon-s-ufo-footage-obama-s-curiosity-ratchet-expectations-big-ncna1268222
https://www.intelligent-aerospace.com/military/article/14180317/pentagon-ufo-unit

Anyone know what they want? Is it more money for space weapons? If so, why not just say 'we need money for space weapons - stop wasting it on public services'?

Are they trying to blame UFOs on the Russians or the Chinese (that would make them look just a teeny bit silly - 'The Chinese are sending miniature flying saucers to buzz American naval planes, uh-huh, sure thang, you can trust me on that')

And I can't believe they are going to claim that 'aliens exist and they walk among us!' That would be totally beyond bonkers (unless it's true, of course - aaargh!)

So what's it all about? Any ideas?

I bet there are loads of fifties comic book stories we could find to cover this situation
ip icon Logged

paw broon

• Administrator
message icon
Re: UFO
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2021, 06:32:32 PM »

Well, don't start me on UFOs. But as for aliens, we are the aliens.  Prof. Quatermass has proved it.  We are the Martians.  Proof.  you want PROOF???? Watch Quatermass and The Pit. An excellent documentary. 
ip icon Logged

The Australian Panther

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2021, 02:08:24 AM »

The Thing is this.
UFO means - Unidentified Flying Object. Not 'Technicallly advanced flying machine' Yes people -pilots in particular - see things in the sky - but they don't have to be evidence of Alien life, they can be natural phenomenon that we don't know about yet.
Trace sighting back through history and originally people thought they saw Angels or Dragons, in the balloon age, people saw many strange balloons in the sky. In other words whatever is seen is interpreted accoriding to the current frame of reference.  So it goes.

Cheers!   
ip icon Logged

Captain Audio

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2021, 06:13:47 AM »

The Thing is this.
UFO means - Unidentified Flying Object. Not 'Technicallly advanced flying machine' Yes people -pilots in particular - see things in the sky - but they don't have to be evidence of Alien life, they can be natural phenomenon that we don't know about yet.
Trace sighting back through history and originally people thought they saw Angels or Dragons, in the balloon age, people saw many strange balloons in the sky. In other words whatever is seen is interpreted according to the current frame of reference.  So it goes.

Cheers!   

One of the more interesting UFO mass sightings was when a prototype STOL fighter had to make an emergency landing along a sea shore.
They landed it on an empty stretch of beach but not before passing over a crowd of beach goers on the way.
The Flying Saucer identification was abetted by the craft's unusual shape which caused it to be nicknamed "The flying Flap Jack".

https://civilianmilitaryintelligencegroup.com/12512/the-v-173-became-the-xf5u-or-flying-flapjack-americas-first-near-vtol-plane
« Last Edit: May 31, 2021, 06:16:12 AM by Captain Audio »
ip icon Logged

ComicMike

message icon
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2021, 07:13:12 AM »

I bet there are loads of fifties comic book stories we could find to cover this situation

All comic stories about UFOs and extraterrestrials are true 8), they were disguised as comics in order to prepare the world population for close encounters of the third kind ???, this is also what it says on the Maya calendar 2.0, which is kept in Area 51.

My spiritual healer, my diviner and my medium have confirmed this to me! :o ::)
ip icon Logged

paw broon

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2021, 08:27:22 AM »

As everyone knows, or should know, Bonnybridge, which is not a kick in the bahooky from where I am right now, is a centre of UFO activity.  This BBC article from 2002 explains:-
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/2155952.stm

This is the Bonnybridge Triangle.  All sorts of weird goings on. ;)
ip icon Logged

mopee167

message icon
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2021, 01:33:30 PM »

Anyone know what the Pentagon wants? Is it more money for space weapons? If so, why not just say 'we need money for space weapons - stop wasting it on public services'?

I'm going to go with this explanation. Fear is a powerful motivator.
ip icon Logged
Pages: [1]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission: Our mission is to present free of charge, and to the widest audience, popular cultural works of the past. These are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They reflect the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We do not endorse these views, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

Disclaimer: We aim to house only Public Domain content. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further. Utilizing our downloadable content, is strictly at your own risk. In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.