in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 43,474 books
 New: 215 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

Re: Jing-Pals 3

Pages: [1]

topic icon Author Topic: Re: Jing-Pals 3  (Read 198 times)

dwilt

message icon
« on: July 15, 2021, 05:00:03 PM »

This comic and the other title published by Victory (X-Venture) look a lot like the early Charlton comics of this era--mediocre (to downright poor) artwork and unmemorable, bland characters and stories. Interesting to see, though. I guess somebody thought they'd make money putting out these comics.

Link to the book: *** Link No Longer Exists: Jing-Pals 3 ***
ip icon Logged

Robb_K

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2021, 10:10:41 PM »

This comic and the other title published by Victory (X-Venture) look a lot like the early Charlton comics of this era--mediocre (to downright poor) artwork and unmemorable, bland characters and stories. I guess somebody thought they'd make money putting out these comics. 

Before seeing this entire book, I had only seen each of this series' 4 books' front covers, and the first inner newsprint pages of each.  3 of the 4 issues had funny animals drawn on their front covers, and 2 of the 4 had a funny animal story first page.  One of the first pages was Johnny Rabbit, drawn by Ellis (Holly) Chambers. As a Funny Animal comics fan, I was very hopeful that there would be a lot of good Golden Age animation-style artwork done by animators from the studios in these 4 books.  I was terribly let down that the artwork was extremely poor to TERRIBLE in all the stories in this book, and the stories were all even worse.  And there was NOT EVEN ONE funny animal story in it.  I hope CB+ can obtain the other 3 books in this series, and they are filled with funny animal stories.  I know that, at the very least, I should like the Chambers-drawn "Johnny Rabbit" story.  And issue #2, which has The Tortoise and The Hare on its front cover, well-drawn by a JCA (Jason Cartoon Art Studio) artist, who worked on the early Charlton Zoo Funnies series, should have, at least, a well-drawn lead story. 
ip icon Logged
Pages: [1]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission: Our mission is to present free of charge, and to the widest audience, popular cultural works of the past. These are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They reflect the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We do not endorse these views, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

Disclaimer: We aim to house only Public Domain content. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further. Utilizing our downloadable content, is strictly at your own risk. In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.