in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 43,470 books
 New: 224 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

Unsavory Characters

Pages: [1]

topic icon Author Topic: Unsavory Characters  (Read 360 times)

MarkWarner

• Administrator
message icon
Unsavory Characters
« on: July 30, 2024, 05:46:56 PM »

In the last few days we've had a couple of attacks on the site. Either one or 2 different people. Pretty much the same modus operandi.

It appears to be purely malicious, IE: trashing the site not for viruses or gain. Looking up the "footprints" left they've been busy attacking other sites for quite some time.

Anyway, things have been tightened up here and we've had peace for 36 hours. I am also backing up twice a day. So to our "active" members just be aware there is a slight chance the site might roll back a few hours. In other words if you are spending some time on a post just keep a copy for 24 hour or so.
ip icon Logged

The Australian Panther

• VIP
message icon
Re: Unsavory Characters
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2024, 11:38:11 PM »

thanks for the advice, Mark.

they probably think CB+ is an easy target. More fools them.
ip icon Logged

MarkWarner

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2024, 04:38:23 PM »

Well we are vigilant which is our primary weapon :)
ip icon Logged

bittycar

message icon
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2024, 05:18:52 PM »

Thanks for keeping things together and being vigilant! i love your site and would hate to see it get hacked. I haven"t posted often so I'm still learning the forum etiquette but i just wanted to say thank you for creating this beautiful site and I'll be donating soon!   :)
ip icon Logged

Downunder Dan

message icon
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2024, 12:16:22 PM »

The 'Comments Made On Our Content' part of this forum is not updating. Timing appears to be similar to when Mark reported on the unsavory characters attacking the site, but correlation doesn't mean causation. I've been keeping an eye on the comics I've uploaded to respond to commenters if needed, but having the comments appear in the forum saves time. Is there a plan to reactivate this automatic function? Obviously, if this make things easier for the unsavory ones to make mischief, I'm sure we could all manage without it.
ip icon Logged

MarkWarner

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2024, 06:16:03 PM »

Thanks for spotting this. Implemented a few security traps and fell into one myself :) Should be doing the business again!
ip icon Logged
Pages: [1]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission: Our mission is to present free of charge, and to the widest audience, popular cultural works of the past. These are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They reflect the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We do not endorse these views, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

Disclaimer: We aim to house only Public Domain content. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further. Utilizing our downloadable content, is strictly at your own risk. In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.