in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 42,879 books
 New: 98 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

14-day downloading ban now running 16 days and counting . . .

Pages: [1]

topic icon Author Topic: 14-day downloading ban now running 16 days and counting . . .  (Read 1829 times)

lg1

message icon
14-day downloading ban now running 16 days and counting . . .
« on: October 19, 2010, 03:10:37 PM »

I had a 14-day zero-bandwidth ban placed on me for "simultaneous downloading" early this month.

It has been well over 14 days, and still I cannot download.

Have I not paid my debt to society?  Admin, have mercy!
ip icon Logged

boox909

• VIP
message icon
Re: 14-day downloading ban now running 16 days and counting . . .
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2010, 04:01:51 PM »

I had a 14-day zero-bandwidth ban placed on me for "simultaneous downloading" early this month.

It has been well over 14 days, and still I cannot download.

Have I not paid my debt to society?  Admin, have mercy!

Go download in peace.

B.
ip icon Logged

lg1

message icon
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2010, 06:49:14 PM »

First, consider a long, grateful essay inserted *here* about what an incredible mass of cultural wealth this site offers.  With many thanks to all those who have worked to make it real.

Second, I wonder if there is still a problem with my account settings?  User CP says that "reset limits is off" and my download limits don't seem to regenerate after 24 hrs.  I.e., I seem to be stuck at a rock-bottom limit of 16.62 MB . . .

Thanks for any help.

Larry

ip icon Logged

boox909

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2010, 11:32:10 PM »

First, consider a long, grateful essay inserted *here* about what an incredible mass of cultural wealth this site offers.  With many thanks to all those who have worked to make it real.

Second, I wonder if there is still a problem with my account settings?  User CP says that "reset limits is off" and my download limits don't seem to regenerate after 24 hrs.  I.e., I seem to be stuck at a rock-bottom limit of 16.62 MB . . .

Thanks for any help.

Larry

;D ;D ;D Few appear to read the entire "HERE'S WHAT YOU HAVE TO DO TO START DOWNLOADING!" post, much less the GAC-UK F.A.Q. -- I'd settle for folks just reading the one post, but I have a hard time even getting that much cooperation.

Regardless, resets are monthly. Baseline is '100 downloads/300mb' more or less depending on if we suspect a spammer trying to get in, or if the member is one of our active "Valued Members" who generally contribute to the many forum conversations. Reset limits are off. We hope to have them back on eventually. We await forum upgrades which should fix not only the issue of resets (which will be monthly, not every 24 hours...no way every 24 hours!), but also limit all members to one download at a time. This will make my life much simpler let me tell ya!  :D

The main issue that you are running into is simple though. You want to download a ton of material. However, download limits will never be enough to suit your needs. There are only two solutions for you: 1) donate for VIP membership; 2) become an active contributor to the forum conversations and gain "Valued Members Status". VIP membership is vastly superior to VMS membership, but the point is that you would have tons of downloads available to you either way.

So ultimately, the decision is up to you. You know how much bandwidth you burnt through in the last few days, and I know, because I am the one who loaded you up.

Feel free to send me a message about the options you are interested in.

Regards,

B.
ip icon Logged

Captain Audio

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2010, 06:12:38 AM »

I'd like to express my thanks for this wonderful site as well.
When I first joined I went wild downloading as many files as I could, but haven't downloaded now for several months.
I've got months more of reading and enjoying before I run out of saved files.

This site is a great resource and will allow us to introduce the younger readers to the sort of imagination and high adventure that allowed us to escape the gloom and doom of every day life as a child of the Cold war era.
ip icon Logged
Pages: [1]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission: Our mission is to present free of charge, and to the widest audience, popular cultural works of the past. These are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They reflect the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We do not endorse these views, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

Disclaimer: We aim to house only Public Domain content. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further. Utilizing our downloadable content, is strictly at your own risk. In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.