in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 42,888 books
 New: 90 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

Exercise

Pages: [1]

topic icon Author Topic: Exercise  (Read 1302 times)

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
Exercise
« on: March 11, 2012, 05:13:33 AM »

My wife and I broke out our bikes for the first time this year. We had a really mild winter and early spring. She did the eliptical over the winter and I did my bike trainer. We also have gone on our three mile hilly walk several times. It paid off. We were able to go 17 miles today. I was very proud of her. A 63 year old woman who can ride a bike that far after the winter break is pretty good. She should get up to 25 miles. I have a 100K charity ride April 21st. What do others of you do to stay in shape. I will never have a six pack (not that kind either as I have never liked beer) but I want to stay healthy for awhile.
ip icon Logged

paw broon

• Administrator
message icon
Re: Exercise
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2012, 08:01:14 PM »

This all very worthy and makes me realise I need a bit more exercise.  Linda, also 63, is in our local ramblers club and regularly goes walking with them - sometimes 40 in the group.  But we both walk a lot, individually and together and often take a walk into our local town, about 4 miles. As we get close we turn into the local park and it's lovely at different times of the year.  We're also fortunate to have Linlithgow Loch nearby.  It's to the north of The Palace and St. Michael's Church (Mary Queen of Scots and all that.)  The loch walk with an extension along the canal is about 3 1/2 miles.  Then into a local cafe for their excellent coffee and scones.  Probably why I'm not losing weight.
ip icon Logged
Pages: [1]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission: Our mission is to present free of charge, and to the widest audience, popular cultural works of the past. These are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They reflect the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We do not endorse these views, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

Disclaimer: We aim to house only Public Domain content. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further. Utilizing our downloadable content, is strictly at your own risk. In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.