in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 43,470 books
 New: 250 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

The Silver Cord

Pages: [1]

topic icon Author Topic: The Silver Cord  (Read 2579 times)

kevinkelly

message icon
The Silver Cord
« on: July 09, 2012, 07:13:30 PM »

I am one of the co-founders of Wired magazine. Together with about a dozen other authors and artists who work at Pixar, ILM, Lucas Arts, and Electronic Arts, we have produced a 210-page graphic novel about the clash between robots and angels. Called The Silver Cord, it's a techno-epic, and a great story, beautifully crafted.

The cool thing is that this completed book is available for FREE. There is an elegant easy-to-read ISSUU version, PDF and CBZ versions, as well as a larger format version with commentary at silver-cord.net. For old-school types we offer a luxury print version on-demand from Amazon's Createspace.

I hope you enjoy The Silver Cord, which is about quantum chips, artificial intelligence, astral travel, millions of species of angels, and what happens after death. The book is free.

We are also in the middle of a Kickstarter fund to complete the concluding book of this story. That campaign is here http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/silvercord/the-silver-cord-a-techno-epic-graphic-novel

I know your community would really enjoy this huge free book. I'm glad to speak about the project, and in fact I'm doing a free, virtual book talk tomorrow, July 10, at Shindig - RSVP at http://www.shindig.com/event/kevin-kelly.

More about me can be found at kk.org.

ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
Re: The Silver Cord
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2012, 11:53:42 PM »

Great testimony Kevin I too am a Christian. My story is not as dramatic as yours. I have not had a chance to check out your book yet, although I have downloaded it. May we carry it on site?
ip icon Logged

josemas

• VIP & JVJ Project Member
message icon
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2012, 12:04:24 AM »

Awesome looking project, KK.

Thanks for sharing.

Joe
ip icon Logged

kevinkelly

message icon
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2012, 08:40:17 PM »

Thanks, josemas!

narfstar, you're welcome to carry it on site, but I'd love to know how many people end up seeing/getting it here. Just a simple count on a monthly basis or whatever works for you. Would that be ok?
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2012, 10:18:54 PM »

Every file on site carries its own stats. If you click on it it will tell you the total download and the total views. We don't have any monthly stats but if you click on it every month and subtract you get your answer. With our great onsite viewer we have a lot more people looking online than downloading. Thanks for allowing us to carry it.
ip icon Logged

kevinkelly

message icon
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2012, 11:06:24 PM »

That'll work. Thanks so much for your interest!
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2012, 11:36:30 PM »

I started a new category and had to split it into three parts.
https://comicbookplus.com/?cid=1815
I have not had a chance to read it but it looks fantastic with beautiful pictures.
ip icon Logged
Pages: [1]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission: Our mission is to present free of charge, and to the widest audience, popular cultural works of the past. These are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They reflect the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We do not endorse these views, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

Disclaimer: We aim to house only Public Domain content. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further. Utilizing our downloadable content, is strictly at your own risk. In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.