in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 42,823 books
 New: 183 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

Hayabusa449 here!

Pages: [1]

topic icon Author Topic: Hayabusa449 here!  (Read 2997 times)

Hayabusa449

• VIP
message icon
Hayabusa449 here!
« on: July 17, 2015, 04:46:17 AM »

Hey guys, nice to meet you all!

I'm a huge fan of this site and will contribute as much as I possibly can (mostly amongst Canadian Golden Age comics). The titles I have to offer thus far are:

Commando Comics #6 (Bell Features) - Scanned, but I see that the publisher's status as "public domain" is still being debated. ALSO: Is missing some pages.

Lucky Comics vol. 2 #5 (Maple Leaf Publishers) - Missing a portion of the cover and the first page of the first strip, but should make for an interesting read once I'm able to scan it!
ip icon Logged

MarkWarner

• Administrator
message icon
Re: Hayabusa449 here!
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2015, 07:48:52 AM »

Hi yes I am afraid all Bell is off limits (for a few more years:))
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2015, 11:30:19 AM »

Hey Hay we are glad you enjoy the site. Too bad we cannot accept Bell for a few more years. Hang on to the scans for when the copyright wears out. Looks like we are lucky on the LUcky and look forward to it.
ip icon Logged

Hayabusa449

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2015, 12:02:23 PM »

Thanks for the quick reply guys! Out of curiosity, do either of you know which year the copyright runs out?
ip icon Logged

paw broon

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2015, 04:19:26 PM »

I don't but some of the others will, I'm sure.  Anyway, welcome to CB+ and please enjoy the comics.
ip icon Logged

almourabit

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: almourabit
message icon
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2015, 07:29:07 PM »

HI

Just wanted to say hello as this my first time on the site. I gather you know better than me how things work... so hope to be around regularly

Cheers
ip icon Logged

paw broon

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2015, 08:58:23 AM »

And hello to you too.  Glad to have you here.  Lots to find, read and enjoy.  If you're not sure of something, post a question and I'm sure someone will try to help. Enjoy the comics.
ip icon Logged
Pages: [1]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission: Our mission is to present free of charge, and to the widest audience, popular cultural works of the past. These are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They reflect the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We do not endorse these views, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

Disclaimer: We aim to house only Public Domain content. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further. Utilizing our downloadable content, is strictly at your own risk. In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.