in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 42,823 books
 New: 181 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

hello everybuddy

Pages: [1]

topic icon Author Topic: hello everybuddy  (Read 1177 times)

gary_star92

message icon
hello everybuddy
« on: August 20, 2015, 12:03:42 AM »

Nice site- little overwhelming but I am certainly learning tons about the golden age. I hope to spend some time here catching up on my reading.

I generally collect silver age marvel but also old postcards and various antiques with my wife.  I think i have two new favorites in comics - Bob Swift Boy Sportsman and Firehair.  Ben Bowie is pretty cool too!

gary in kalamazoo
ip icon Logged

paw broon

• Administrator
message icon
Re: hello everybuddy
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2015, 02:13:50 PM »

Hi "gary in kalamazoo" - such an exotic town name!
Welcome to CB+.  Lots more besides golden age so start digging and I'm sure you'll find all sorts of good and unusual material to read.
ip icon Logged

gary_star92

message icon
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2015, 03:56:57 PM »

Thanks for the welcome Paw Broon! Digging I shall. Mining the depths of comic history..

(the only Phantom I have is #23; I bought it solely for the cool cover)

g
ip icon Logged

paw broon

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2015, 04:47:18 PM »

That would be the King issue, I think.  The illo on my avatar is from an Australian "Frew" comic.  If you can find any, they reprint, in English, many of the original Scandinavian stories and a lot of them feature previous Phantoms.  But the writers do take liberties at times with the Falk version. 
ip icon Logged
Pages: [1]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission: Our mission is to present free of charge, and to the widest audience, popular cultural works of the past. These are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They reflect the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We do not endorse these views, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

Disclaimer: We aim to house only Public Domain content. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further. Utilizing our downloadable content, is strictly at your own risk. In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.