in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 42,813 books
 New: 194 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

Seeking comics with these stories...

Pages: [1]

topic icon Author Topic: Seeking comics with these stories...  (Read 1504 times)

holbrookp

message icon
Seeking comics with these stories...
« on: November 07, 2013, 07:28:45 AM »

I've been spending hours trying to find some comic books I had somewhere around 1959-1962. I don't remember the titles but they featured these stories!

A man lost in a cave falls into a dark pit but before he hits bottom, he lands on an invisible layer that cushions his fall. Later, he sees a race of invisible, silent human-like creatures who inhabit the cave. I don't know how he gets out or what happens with the invisible rescuers.

A city goes into a panic over what it perceives is the sudden appearance of a sky full of UFOs. These ships don't move or communicate with Earth, but the military concludes they can't have come in peace, so they blast away at them with everything it has. When the smoke clears, the ships are still there! Civilization decides to destroy all its weapons in hopes of showing the aliens we want to live in peace. It turns out the UFOs are simply images on a slide that some scientist managed to project on the atmosphere with the intended purpose of bringing humanity to realize it must stop war!

Another alien invasion I can't remember much about, except that the alien ships are very tiny, hardly the size of bees. And they therefore manage to avoid detection.

A soldier whose battalion is fighting a losing battle wishes for "any old kind of help", whereupon cavemen suddenly start jumping out of the trees and save the day, then disappear again.

Do these ring a bell, anyone? Any help you can provide will be very much appreciated! Thanks!
« Last Edit: November 12, 2013, 03:33:13 AM by holbrookp »
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
Re: Seeking comic with these stories...
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2013, 02:15:28 AM »

A soldier whose battalion is fighting a losing battle wishes for "any old kind of help", whereupon cavemen suddenly start jumping out of the trees and save the day, then disappear again.

This was identified thanks to the GCD as Left-Handed Magic from Unknown Worlds 7
ip icon Logged

holbrookp

message icon
Re: Seeking comic with these stories...
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2013, 02:22:17 AM »

Great! So wonderful to reconnect with this story! Thanks for your help!

The story isn't the way I remembered it. But after fifty years, I guess some memory inaccuracies are understandable. I thought it was much shorter, the last story in the comic, and told as something mysterious that actually happened. But a few frames are exactly as I remember them. I don't remember anything else about the issue.

Of course, I'm excited and hopeful that the other stories may still turn up. Thanks again.
ip icon Logged
Pages: [1]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission and Disclaimer: The mission of Comic Book Plus is to present completely free of charge, and to the widest possible audience, popular cultural works of the past. These records are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They are historical documents reflecting the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We at Comic Book Plus do not endorse the views expressed in these, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

We aim to house only content in the Public Domain. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, then please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further.