in house dollar bill thumbnail
In-House Image
 Total: 42,813 books
 New: 194 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

Comics that do not Exist?

Pages: [1]

topic icon Author Topic: Comics that do not Exist?  (Read 1746 times)

Screwysquirrel

message icon
Comics that do not Exist?
« on: August 23, 2016, 11:35:24 PM »

I was reading the pre-code horror comics series "Tales Too Terrible To Tell" from New England Comics. In the last issue #11 Nov-Dec 1993 a challenge was issued to collectors

"Wanted Dead or Alive"
Yes were still looking for "Proof" that these comics exist? The best proof would be an actual copy. But we would also be interested in other documentation which might shed light on why these comics are still listed in Overstreet or Gerber, such as house ads,mentions in letter columns etc.

Superior         Adventures into Fear #1   (1951)
Story             Dark Mysteries #25          (1955)
Ajax.             The Flame  #4                  (1955)
Green.           Liberty Comics #4,5.         (1945)
St.John          Nightmare # 4.                 (1953)
Ajax              Police Thrills. #1                (1954)
Conde-Nast    Supersnipe Comics  #13     (1944)

I wanted to ask if anyone else has come across titles known to have been printed but no longer in existence?
Or any "Gerber 10 or 11's. I used to have "Police Thrills #1 on my want list for years lol! As i liked the cover so much! I think the first time i saw it was in Overstreet 16?  I will add a few other titles that i feel pretty sure do not exist! These titles were advertised in Strange Fantasy #2 (Oct '52) "Suspooks" "Bewitched" "Dark Journey" Ajax-Farrell seemed to make a habit of advertising titles that never came to be.

ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
Re: Comics that do not Exist?
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2016, 01:39:44 AM »

I have the only known copy of Talullah 2
ip icon Logged
Pages: [1]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission and Disclaimer: The mission of Comic Book Plus is to present completely free of charge, and to the widest possible audience, popular cultural works of the past. These records are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They are historical documents reflecting the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We at Comic Book Plus do not endorse the views expressed in these, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

We aim to house only content in the Public Domain. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, then please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further.