in house dollar bill thumbnail
In-House Image
 Total: 42,813 books
 New: 194 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

What is your favourite fidget spinner?

Pages: [1]

topic icon Author Topic: What is your favourite fidget spinner?  (Read 2474 times)

cartner.james

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: cartner.james
message icon
What is your favourite fidget spinner?
« on: May 11, 2017, 01:18:08 PM »

Hey folks!

I
ip icon Logged

paw broon

• Administrator
message icon
Re: What is your favourite fidget spinner?
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2017, 04:42:40 PM »

What a coincidence!  At our French language group last Monday, we were discussing fidgets and their place in education, with regard to kids in school with attention difficulties or disruptive tendencies.  This is the start of the piece on our prof's facebook page - the link to the French podcast is no longer available:-
"The Language Expert
6 May at 01:23
ip icon Logged

Kracalactaka

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: Kracalactaka
message icon
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2017, 08:34:51 PM »

I am inclined see this thread as spam, but maybe that is just me
ip icon Logged

paw broon

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2017, 08:13:14 AM »

Not sure about this one.  He doesn't seem to be selling anything and it's posted in the "General discussion" section. I did get a bit interested with the coincidence of having spent an hour talking about this very phenomenon last week, so perhaps I didn't see the spammy side of it.
Checking back, I can't find anything similar in this section - the vast majority, if not all posts, having some comics connection, however vague. I'm off out now but if you want it gone, I have no objections.  I was more interested in the fact that my French was good enough to talk about the things rather than having any interest in them.
If it's gone by this pm - my time - fine, if not, I'll delete it myself.  :)
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2017, 02:47:10 PM »

It would be spam. However as a teacher, fidget spinners are nothing but a distraction. They do not serve their "intended" purpose. They have just become a classroom toy that kids think they can get away with.
ip icon Logged

MarkWarner

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2017, 02:54:15 PM »

I moved it to Shameless Self-Promotion.

My other half works with kids at school that are "challenging". She said that the spinners are good BUT as Narfstar said ... ALL the kids ended up with them and it was distracting ... so they are now banned there ... which is a bit of a shame as they are useful for kids who just can't sit still!
ip icon Logged

Kracalactaka

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: Kracalactaka
message icon
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2017, 03:10:55 PM »

I never heard of the things until this post, but then I seldom read/watch news since I am no longer required to so as part my job.

if you want to keep kids still and paying attention, I suggest duct tape and prying the kids' eyes open           Clockwork Orange style.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2017, 06:43:33 AM by Kracalactaka »
ip icon Logged

paw broon

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2017, 03:12:22 PM »

I passed the wee phone/computer shop in Linlithgow high st. this morning and in the window there was a selection of fidgets or spinners.  They do seem to have polarised educationalists.
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2017, 11:37:36 PM »

I think the fidget cubes are more legitimate for actual fidgeters
ip icon Logged
Pages: [1]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission and Disclaimer: The mission of Comic Book Plus is to present completely free of charge, and to the widest possible audience, popular cultural works of the past. These records are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They are historical documents reflecting the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We at Comic Book Plus do not endorse the views expressed in these, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

We aim to house only content in the Public Domain. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, then please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further.