in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 42,813 books
 New: 194 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

Using Images for Publication

Pages: [1]

topic icon Author Topic: Using Images for Publication  (Read 2712 times)

ffmjs

message icon
Using Images for Publication
« on: May 13, 2018, 03:37:17 PM »

Hi,

I'm publishing an article in a low circulation, academic journal and I need to know how to credit ComicBookPlus.com. I tried to contact the editors yesterday, but haven't received a response. Is there a guick way to get in touch with one of them? Please respond to schuldi@uakron.edu.

Mike
ip icon Logged

movielover

• Administrator
message icon
Re: Using Images for Publication
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2018, 03:53:37 PM »

Depends on who you are trying to contact. Some people have left the hobby, others have passed on. It would help to know who you are trying to get in touch with. Also, what books are involved so that we can try to help with that.

Also, I deleted the other messages, you only need to post once. Thanks
« Last Edit: May 13, 2018, 04:59:29 PM by movielover »
ip icon Logged

ffmjs

message icon
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2018, 07:06:22 PM »

Thanks for responding!!

I need to talk to anyone who can tell me what I need to say in my caption to the image that I use from ComicBookPlus.com in my publication. Do I say "Courtesy of ComicBookPlus.Com" or "Copyright 2018 ComicBookPlus.Com" or what? Usually somebody who oversees the website has that information. I can't give you a name of a person because I haven't found any names of people in charge of the website. Is there anyplace on the website with the names of the people who are responsible for it?

Mike
ip icon Logged

movielover

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2018, 07:09:46 PM »

I would think "Courtesy of ComicBookPlus.Com" should work.

I asked that question because I thought you were trying to get in touch with the scanners or editors of certain books.

Look for someone with Administrator under their name. (There are seven of us), can usually answer a question, or if we can't, talk among ourselves and get back with you.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2018, 07:16:12 PM by movielover »
ip icon Logged

ffmjs

message icon
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2018, 07:18:21 PM »

To fully answer your question, I'm working on the Yellow Kid. I've already downloaded the half dozen images that I need. I just need to know how to caption them for the publisher.

ffmjs
ip icon Logged

MarkWarner

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2018, 05:08:36 AM »

Personally I'd say "Courtesy of ComicBookPlus.Com" is cool
ip icon Logged
Pages: [1]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission and Disclaimer: The mission of Comic Book Plus is to present completely free of charge, and to the widest possible audience, popular cultural works of the past. These records are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They are historical documents reflecting the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We at Comic Book Plus do not endorse the views expressed in these, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

We aim to house only content in the Public Domain. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, then please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further.