in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 42,823 books
 New: 183 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

More than 5000 comics online!

Pages: [1]

topic icon Author Topic: More than 5000 comics online!  (Read 5410 times)

iZone

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: iZone
message icon
More than 5000 comics online!
« on: September 07, 2008, 03:30:12 PM »

Did anyone else notice, that this site now has more than 5000 comics online?
How about a big hand for the scanners, uploaders and administrators! ;D Thanks for the great effort! It's very much appreciated.

And hi by the way. I recently joined, so this is my first post in the forum.
ip icon Logged

phabox

• VIP & JVJ Project Member
message icon
Re: More than 5000 comics online!
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2008, 03:39:38 PM »

WOW,that IS amazing !   :o

Not bad going in just over a couple of Years.

-Nigel
« Last Edit: September 07, 2008, 04:06:52 PM by phabox »
ip icon Logged

boox909

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2008, 04:49:19 PM »

:o :o 5,000+ Golden Age Gems???  :o :o

Indeed a big debt of thanks is deserved by the scanners, uploaders, Serg, Aussie, Zog, and the awesome staff that includes Yoc and Cimm -- Ya'll are all making History I tell ya!

B.  ;D
ip icon Logged

rez

• Past Member
message icon
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2008, 12:25:59 AM »

Yep, a hearty yea and amen to that.
Hope to see the site continue to grow and thrive with more folk coming in.

You'all have got me addicted I'm tellin' ya! I received via the mail a Staples $25 off any $75 dollar online or phone order and saw a special http://www.staples.com/office/supplies/p4_Western-Digital-My-Book-trade-Essential-Edition-trade-2.0-External-Hard-Drives_193957_Business_Supplies_1_10051_FEATURED:SC3:CG104  500gig External Hard Drive to be dedicated to scans and music.
To be delivered to my door for $79.86 Thursday.
Scanner may be next.

:o :o 5,000+ Golden Age Gems???  :o :o

Indeed a big debt of thanks is deserved by the scanners, uploaders, Serg, Aussie, Zog, and the awesome staff that includes Yoc and Cimm -- Ya'll are all making History I tell ya!

B.  ;D
ip icon Logged

LOHAD

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: LOHAD
message icon
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2009, 01:59:14 PM »

ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2009, 02:53:04 PM »

I bought an external HD for my digital comics and movies.
ip icon Logged
Comic Book Plus In-House Image

LOHAD

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: LOHAD
message icon
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2009, 03:57:44 PM »

I bought an external HD for my digital comics and movies.

me too -- I got mine at Pexagon ... probably paid a few bucks more, but they include personalization on both sides. One side has an "if lost, please return to" message -- the other has a Comic Code Seal of Approval, which really looks jazzy (thing is, Pexagon only accepts vector art uploads; if anyone wants the vector file of the Code seal, let me know; I can email it, or post to my server and send you a link to download)

ip icon Logged

moondood

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: moondood
message icon
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2009, 08:45:35 AM »

I have bought two external hard drives just for the express purpose of hoarding this site's files and other hobby files--Pulps, Radio Shows, Magazines, Comics.  Since I don't store any of these files on my actual computer HD, I thought it best to store on an ext HD and create a duplicate HD an another drive.  If one goes bad (HD's hate me and fail waaaaay too often)--then I have the other with all the files intact.  It's a pain to catalogue all the stuff as I acquire it, but my OCD sees no other way!

I've said it before and I'll say it again here!  I love this site!  I don't visit the messageboards too often, but I do visit to acquire more GA greats.  When I was a kid collecting in the 70's, I managed to get my hands on a few GA books, but I wanted more.  Now I can read all those great stories I only heard or read about or were hinted at on the sealed-away comics covers at the various comics shows.  And even though I turned comics pro in the 80's (and recently celebrated 25 years in the industry), I still love the Golden Age stuff even though I wasn't there to appreciate it when it was new.  No angst--just great, fun, and sometimes logically silly stories that are fun to read for an hour before lights out.

What a bang up job you're doing!  Keep 'em flying!  And buy war bonds!  Drive the Ratzis out of Europe!

Moondood

ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2009, 04:19:04 PM »

Nice little free program (they will take donations) called listmaker. It reads the directory and makes a txt or exel file that makes for handy filing of digital comics that you may have
ip icon Logged

Yoc

• Past Member
message icon
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2009, 05:39:41 PM »

Great post Moondood.
You've got me curious what books you've worked on professionally...
ip icon Logged

moondood

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: moondood
message icon
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2009, 10:13:11 PM »

Great post Moondood.
You've got me curious what books you've worked on professionally...>>

=======================================

LOL--I mentioned I don't visit the forums too often, so this is months later, Yoc...

I started at DC as a letterer in 1985...First Pro work was Wonder Woman--House of Mystery, Hawkman, etc...went to Marvel--worked in the bullpen and on the New Universe stuff-- worked for everybody--Malibu, Eclipse, etc.

In real life, I'm Kurt Hathaway.

Moved west, hooked up with Image in '93 and lettered hundreds of their books, while also taking up writing (Supreme, Deathmate Red), and editing, too.  Currently, I operate a graphics studio that specializes in comics-related services: lettering, logo-design, pre-press, page design.

KH/Moondood

ip icon Logged

Yoc

• Past Member
message icon
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2009, 03:49:59 AM »

Very interesting.
Thanks for sharing that Kurt.
I just started a new topic on the board.
'My first exposure to the Golden Age was...'
Please feel free to add a reply there as well.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2009, 03:54:53 AM by Yoc »
ip icon Logged

darkmark

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2009, 05:28:36 AM »

I wrote a few pro comics, too, but not enough to put in your eye.  So much for that.
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2009, 01:46:42 AM »

Anyone with pro-work or even fanzine work please go to comics.org and search on your name. If you find any mistakes or know of anything missing PLEASE let us know. We want to be the premier site for accurate comic related research. We want to give credit where credit is overdue to the comic pros who have provided us with so much pleasure over the years
ip icon Logged
Pages: [1]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission: Our mission is to present free of charge, and to the widest audience, popular cultural works of the past. These are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They reflect the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We do not endorse these views, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

Disclaimer: We aim to house only Public Domain content. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further. Utilizing our downloadable content, is strictly at your own risk. In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.