in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 42,813 books
 New: 194 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

Young Love v4 8 (38) - ctc?

Pages: [1]

topic icon Author Topic: Young Love v4 8 (38) - ctc?  (Read 1586 times)

ejpetrie

message icon
Young Love v4 8 (38) - ctc?
« on: January 17, 2018, 05:59:10 PM »

This issue contains 46 images, one of which is the really great JVJ and Rangerhouse signature page at the end.  One of the 46 scans appears to be a vertical representation of two pages combined, so if that is indeed the case then the count is correct at 46.  But whether it's 45 or 46 pages--something's wrong.  Forty-five pages is impossible for any book, and a 46 page count is unlikely for a book from this post-war period. Forty-four pages, yes, and 48 is also possible (although highly unlikely).  The GCDb lists the books on either side of this issue (#'s 37 and 39) as being 44 pages in length, but this issue is listed as being a 52-pager.  My guess would be that the GCDb listing for #38 is accurate and that this was a 52-pg. magazine and some pages are missing, so the ctc labeling seems to be inaccurate.  Or am I missing something here?
ip icon Logged

movielover

• Administrator
message icon
Re: Young Love v4 8 (38) - ctc?
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2018, 06:55:38 PM »

The problem is that an extra page was inserted into the book. The original Yoc edit (which seems to have been deleted here,) had 41 pages (missing ifc, ibc, bc). As best as I can tell. page 34 here was inserted for some reason. That would make it c2c plus an unneeded page.
ip icon Logged

Snard

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2018, 08:22:36 PM »

The problem is that an extra page was inserted into the book. The original Yoc edit (which seems to have been deleted here,) had 41 pages (missing ifc, ibc, bc). As best as I can tell. page 34 here was inserted for some reason. That would make it c2c plus an unneeded page.

The extra page in question is a rotated version of the ad at the bottom of page 33. (The page is labeled 33a.) It appears to have been added so that it can be read without turning your head sideways.
ip icon Logged

Kracalactaka

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: Kracalactaka
message icon
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2018, 04:32:39 PM »

This is not the original Yoc edit

I re-edited from the original Rangerhouse Raw scans

the cover spread ads came from another JVJ - RH book, and are correct as they have been confirmed from pics in an ebay listing for this book.

The GCD listing is INCORRECT, this is a 44p book

like Moose said, I flipped that one ad down as an extra page so it can be read easier

and ejpetrie I am responsible for the tag page as I edited this copy

« Last Edit: January 18, 2018, 05:10:51 PM by Kracalactaka »
ip icon Logged

ejpetrie

message icon
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2018, 05:46:27 PM »

Thanks to all!  I knew I was missing something in this one.  And Krac--great tag page!  I'm sure that both JVJ and RH must have been well pleased.
ip icon Logged
Pages: [1]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission and Disclaimer: The mission of Comic Book Plus is to present completely free of charge, and to the widest possible audience, popular cultural works of the past. These records are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They are historical documents reflecting the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We at Comic Book Plus do not endorse the views expressed in these, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

We aim to house only content in the Public Domain. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, then please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further.