in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 42,820 books
 New: 189 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

Greetings!

Pages: [1]

topic icon Author Topic: Greetings!  (Read 1154 times)

blacknova84

message icon
Greetings!
« on: May 22, 2018, 02:11:39 PM »

Hello everyone my name is Matt, and I have been reading comics for over 20+ years. I want to say thank you to the people that run this site, and those of you that are contributing. I am currently using information found on here to write, record, and create youtube videos on golden age characters, and some modern heroes for a comic book channel I am starting on youtube. I don
ip icon Logged

paw broon

• Administrator
message icon
Re: Greetings!
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2018, 03:21:59 PM »

Hi Matt, good to have you here.
Airboy is an interesting character to start with.  For me, I'm a big Black Terror fan.
As you're starting with a pilot, have a look at the Australian hero, Jet Fury:-
https://comicbookplus.com/?cid=2437
Keep us posted.
ip icon Logged

blacknova84

message icon
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2018, 10:45:20 PM »

Thanks for the suggestion!, I already planned on making a video on Black Terror/Tim. I love all the characters that were used in "Project Superpowers". I wish more people would revive some of these guys and gals.
ip icon Logged

Florian R. Guillon

message icon
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2018, 09:47:34 AM »

Welcome here!

I'm a Black Terror fan too, and liked Project Superpowers. Did you read AC Comics' production? They revived a lot of PD characters, and Erik Larsen did too with Image, in Savage Dragon and Next Issue Project. Moonstone Books did that too with Black Bat and others.

Here in France, we also are a bunch to revive PD characters. We've got Centaur Chronicles by Jean-Michel Ferragatti and Patrice Martinez (hinging on Centaur Comics characters), Esprit Vengeur by me and a group of artists from Arcadia Graphic Studio (a 2012 webcomic featuring Red Ann, The Green Claw and Black Terror), and there are some new comics coming from Yamraj Comics featuring DevilDead (the original Daredevil), Char Chapman, the Australian Cat-Man and a few others. The essential problem may be that -- all those are in French only at the moment. That said, I could translate Esprit Vengeur.

As for suggestions, I would say Daredevil, The Green Lama, Tomboy and Golden Lad.

Good luck for your videos! Keep us updated!  :)
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2018, 01:28:55 AM »

Welcome to the group blacknova. Nice to have some young members. InDELLible Comics is also reviving some old PD characters. The Owl has been especially popular. Go to InDELLible Comics on Facebook and join the group there. https://www.facebook.com/groups/114254119027859/
ip icon Logged
Pages: [1]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission: Our mission is to present free of charge, and to the widest audience, popular cultural works of the past. These are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They reflect the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We do not endorse these views, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

Disclaimer: We aim to house only Public Domain content. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further. Utilizing our downloadable content, is strictly at your own risk. In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.