in house dollar bill thumbnail
In-House Image
 Total: 42,823 books
 New: 183 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

Pete Moriso PAM

Pages: [1]

topic icon Author Topic: Pete Moriso PAM  (Read 1170 times)

rez

• Past Member
message icon
Pete Moriso PAM
« on: August 28, 2009, 05:23:06 PM »

Couldn't find an old thread where I was asking about a certain artist back in the '70s whom grabbed my attention because of a certain line quality and background work.

Buddy had a stroke and ended up in a therapy center to assist in his recovery where I was able to get a hold of him and ask the same question

which he replied without question remembering my comments from decades past and gave me the rundown on Charlton's Pete Moriso (PAM) who had also been around during the pre-silver age.

This buddy had always thought about trying his hand at entering the comic field being a collector himself and finally got the proper paper and submitted a story to Charlton Bullseye involving a redo of some old GoldenAge characters

and it got accepted and had plans of being published when they went belly up right in the middle of the deal and that was the end of the story.

He specifically mentioned certain titles that PAM was involved with so now I get to blow off the dust and dig into my archives.

See you in a few weeks, if not please send help. Include food, water, and a miner's headlamp.
ip icon Logged

John C

message icon
Re: Pete Moriso PAM
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2009, 06:13:00 PM »

Morisi was the sort of guy they used to write comics ABOUT, too.  I mean, he was a cop who moonlighted under a pseudonym because the department might not approve of his methods.  Sure, he was drawing comics and not beating up bank robbers, but still...

(He also created Peter Cannon by adapting not just one, but two fairly popular Golden Agers (Daredevil and Amazing Man), for an audience that--by and large--probably had never heard of either source.  Clever, considering that Biro wouldn't give him the Daredevil rights.)

I just noticed this, by the way, if anybody has need of it:

http://www.ramonschenk.nl/charltoncomics/creators/petemorisi.htm
ip icon Logged

rez

• Past Member
message icon
Re: Pete Moriso PAM
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2009, 06:24:06 PM »

well hey, thanks for posting that. Will make chasing down the titles a bit easier.
Now to go see what all it was about and if they still have that same grab or not.

Cheers
ip icon Logged
Pages: [1]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission: Our mission is to present free of charge, and to the widest audience, popular cultural works of the past. These are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They reflect the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We do not endorse these views, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

Disclaimer: We aim to house only Public Domain content. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further. Utilizing our downloadable content, is strictly at your own risk. In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.