in house dollar bill thumbnail
In-House Image
 Total: 42,820 books
 New: 187 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

help in identifying a comic book character

Pages: [1]

topic icon Author Topic: help in identifying a comic book character  (Read 651 times)

Sn0z

message icon
help in identifying a comic book character
« on: November 20, 2019, 11:22:09 PM »

Hi. I am new to the forum and am looking for some help in identifying a comic book character that my Dad did a pencil drawing of back in the 1940's. He did a similar drawing of The Doll Man (see attachments), which I was able to identify. I am guessing these were done around the mid 1940's.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks!
Sn0z
ip icon Logged

SuperScrounge

• VIP
message icon
Re: help in identifying a comic book character
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2019, 02:16:56 AM »

That's Rusty Ryan, he ran in Feature Comics from #32 (May 1940) to #135 (June 1949).
ip icon Logged

Robb_K

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2019, 03:35:50 AM »

His uniform looks like it was copied from Captain America, except the two small stars around the large one in the centre were added, plus Rusty doesn't have The Captain's hood mask with the letter  "A" on it.  Even the colours are the same.  Somebody copying Timely for a change!  Ironic, eh?    I wonder if Timely threatened to sue Quality?   8)
« Last Edit: November 21, 2019, 04:27:38 PM by Robb_K »
ip icon Logged

Sn0z

message icon
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2019, 06:40:33 AM »

Wow, that's great! Thank you so much!
ip icon Logged

Matropolis

message icon
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2019, 09:29:42 PM »

Hi. I am new to the forum and am looking for some help in identifying a comic book character that my Dad did a pencil drawing of back in the 1940's. He did a similar drawing of The Doll Man (see attachments), which I was able to identify. I am guessing these were done around the mid 1940's.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks!
Sn0z

Pretty good drawings by your dad!
ip icon Logged
Pages: [1]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission: Our mission is to present free of charge, and to the widest audience, popular cultural works of the past. These are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They reflect the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We do not endorse these views, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

Disclaimer: We aim to house only Public Domain content. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further. Utilizing our downloadable content, is strictly at your own risk. In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.