in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 42,823 books
 New: 181 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

Free EU Pandemic Comic Book from 2012

Pages: [1]

topic icon Author Topic: Free EU Pandemic Comic Book from 2012  (Read 505 times)

Andrew999

message icon
Free EU Pandemic Comic Book from 2012
« on: May 17, 2020, 08:32:29 PM »

Did you know the EU Commission produced a free comic book in 2012 about a worldwide pandemic?

Naturally, EU scientists save the day. You can download it for free here:

https://op.europa.eu/en/publication-detail/-/publication/4cc2ea93-d003-417e-9294-1103a6ee877d

Or, if you can't bear to read the whole thing, there's a review here:

https://www.rt.com/news/488902-eu-pandemic-comic-book/

ip icon Logged

gregjh

message icon
Re: Free EU Pandemic Comic Book from 2012
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2020, 01:34:47 PM »

(Captain) Euro or any similar character will always be a bad guy to me :-)

ip icon Logged

paw broon

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2020, 01:57:16 PM »

Vive L'Union Europ
ip icon Logged

The Australian Panther

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2020, 02:24:22 AM »

Is that Circle of Stars an official European Logo? Its almost identical to the 'Betsy Ross' flag when there were only a few states. Check it out here. [Hmm, is that PD? Joke.]
https://www.shared.com/newly-found-ancient-dna/

You are both entitled to your own opinions, that's the point of freedom and democracy. I have my own and on that subject I am an observer only and will keep my opinion to myself.
Thanks for alerting us to its existence. Got to tell you tho, I won't be reading it because I am cynical about culture that is approved by Government, regardless of which Government or what subject.     
ip icon Logged

SuperScrounge

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2020, 03:11:20 AM »

Is that Circle of Stars an official European Logo? Its almost identical to the 'Betsy Ross' flag when there were only a few states.

Well, I only counted 12 stars on the EU circle whereas the original US flag had 13. Also there are no red and white stripes visible which reduces the possibility of confusion to a consumer, so...  ;)

Does Brexit reduce the number of stars in the EU circle?

I downloaded the comic, but haven't read it yet. Thanks, Andrew.
ip icon Logged

Andrew999

message icon
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2020, 07:31:47 AM »

Just for info - Brexit doesn't reduce the number of stars on the EU flag. They stopped adding new stars when it reached twelve.

What about Texit when it happens - will that reduce the number of stars on the American flag where there's meant to be a one-to-one correlation?
ip icon Logged

SuperScrounge

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2020, 06:38:43 PM »

Took me a bit to even remember what Texit was it had been so long since I'd heard it mentioned. Calexit was far more likely, although the Democrats running the state seem to be pissing off voters, so it seems less likely now.

However if a state did leave the US we would probably go back to the 49 star flag we (briefly) had after Alaska was admitted, but before Hawaii.

On a side note the "Today I Found Out" YouTube channel had an interesting video on the creation of the 49 & 50 star flags a few weeks (?) ago.
ip icon Logged

Robb_K

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2020, 08:30:43 PM »

Just for info - Brexit doesn't reduce the number of stars on the EU flag. They stopped adding new stars when it reached twelve.

What about Texit when it happens - will that reduce the number of stars on the American flag where there's meant to be a one-to-one correlation?

That would be a perfect time to add Puerto Rico as the new 50th State, and keep the even number, and 100 senators.  And then, the entire Confederacy would secede again, in protest.  And The Mountain West would also secede, to form their own, lily White country.  But, there would be a bonus from all this...... easier to enforce pandemic lockdowns from then on!   :P
ip icon Logged
Pages: [1]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission: Our mission is to present free of charge, and to the widest audience, popular cultural works of the past. These are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They reflect the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We do not endorse these views, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

Disclaimer: We aim to house only Public Domain content. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further. Utilizing our downloadable content, is strictly at your own risk. In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.