in house dollar bill thumbnail
In-House Image
 Total: 42,823 books
 New: 181 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

Superhero Food

Pages: [1]

topic icon Author Topic: Superhero Food  (Read 277 times)

Andrew999

message icon
Superhero Food
« on: May 27, 2020, 05:26:02 PM »

What do superheroes eat?

I know that Superman doesn't like greens and I worry that Batman may be eating Covid-invested Bat-Meat - but what of the Flash, does he survive on high-energy bars?

Wonder Woman must like Golden Wonder crisps and in the Bullpen, Iron Man is known to drink a lot - of Irn-Bru that is. Daredevil is willing to try anything and on balance, I would keep away from anything offered by Black Widow

But what about the others?
ip icon Logged

The Australian Panther

• VIP
message icon
Re: Superhero Food
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2020, 02:59:25 AM »

I don't know what they eat. You would assume that Flash would eat a lot, he would go through a lot of energy. But If I was writing comics, given normal habits of the times, I would have them regularly drinking lots of take-away coffee. Jarvis should serve coffee at every Avengers table meeting. Black Widow takes hers black,double shot.
Alfred serves Bruce Wayne espresso made from beans from a plantation he owns, which supplies only the Wayne and the Bat Family,the Titans and the Justice League. Come on, seriously? How could Batman do what he  does without regular strong hits of coffee?  8)   
Spiderman and Daredevil should have a coffee in hand while swinging around rooftops. Young Superhero groups should hang-out in fast-food franchise places. And what do the Guardians serve in the Green Lanterns' cafeteria? And who is the chef? There has to be a story there, right?  ;D
Chef and Writer Anthony Bourdain wrote a food graphic novel.
Bourdain co-wrote the original graphic novel Get Jiro! along with Joel Rose; its art was by Langdon Foss
Very weird it is too!
What am I doing? Andrew999 you are a very bad man! ::)  ;)

ip icon Logged

crashryan

• VIP & JVJ Project Member
message icon
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2020, 05:43:23 AM »

During the Silver Age I remember thinking that Barry Allen spent a lot of time eating in diners. The bachelor life, I suppose. At least he never had to worry about making a mess by spilling his coffee.
ip icon Logged

paw broon

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2020, 10:40:07 AM »

Just to be even sillier for a moment, the super strong, invulnerable Desperate Dan eats cow pie.  Usually with the horns sticking out the pastry.

https://www.pinterest.co.uk/sampouch/desperate-dan/

Elongated Man drinks Gingold.
As for super villains, The Purple Man must eat purple sprouting broccoli.
Surely Dr. Midnite eats a lot of carrots.  The Fox? Chickens, perhaps? I hesitate to ask about The Fly's eating habits.
ip icon Logged

crashryan

• VIP & JVJ Project Member
message icon
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2020, 01:01:06 AM »

Does "cow pie" mean the same thing in England that it does in the US, i.e. bovine excrement?
ip icon Logged

Andrew999

message icon
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2020, 06:52:26 AM »

'Fraid not - in Britain, that's a cow pat.

There isn't a real food called cow pie as such - but we do have beef pie in various forms.
ip icon Logged
Pages: [1]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission: Our mission is to present free of charge, and to the widest audience, popular cultural works of the past. These are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They reflect the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We do not endorse these views, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

Disclaimer: We aim to house only Public Domain content. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further. Utilizing our downloadable content, is strictly at your own risk. In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.