in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 42,824 books
 New: 182 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

Critical Error

Pages: [1]

topic icon Author Topic: Critical Error  (Read 1377 times)

phantomdoll

message icon
Critical Error
« on: April 21, 2020, 07:39:28 PM »

This site has been extremely slow for me the past 3-4 days. It takes anywhere between 1-3 minutes just to load any page on this website, and sometimes the page doesn't load at all, and I get the following error:

Critical Error
A database error has occoured on Comic Book Plus.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here, if this does not fix the error, you can contact the administrator by clicking here. Please let them know the contents of all three boxes below.
Alternatively, if you are the administrator and you believe this to be a software bug, please post the information in the support section of our forum here. Please quote the contents of all three boxes below.

When I try to click on any comic book to read it, I sometimes get this error message above, as many as 9 out of 10 times.

P.S. Just posting this message alone I also got errors and had to attempt to post many times before it got through.
ip icon Logged

phantomdoll

message icon
Re: Critical Error
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2020, 07:41:28 PM »

I got this message at least 10 times before I was finally able to post my above (original) message:
"Connection Problems
Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later."
ip icon Logged

Yoc

• VIP & JVJ Project Member
message icon
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2020, 07:59:28 PM »

Same here. 
It worked but took a few tries.
ip icon Logged

crashryan

message icon
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2020, 02:58:12 AM »

I got these messages for a couple of days. I stopped getting them but the site is still super slow.
ip icon Logged

MarkWarner

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2020, 11:25:48 AM »

I am aware of this and have been (unsuccessfully) trying to get support to fix it for coming up to 3 days ... I have just sent another message along with 5 screen shots. It is VERY frustrating as I know it is an SQL error ... but haven't the power to reboot it. Which will sort it! out :(
ip icon Logged

Yoc

message icon
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2020, 05:42:31 PM »

GL!

Stay healthy!
-Yoc
ip icon Logged

MarkWarner

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2020, 11:32:06 AM »

Don't want to tempt fate ... but we appear to be back .... fingers and any other spare bits crossed
ip icon Logged

The Australian Panther

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2020, 12:00:49 PM »

Very happy to be back on. Haven't been able to log on at all down here in OZ for 2 days.

Lost it right in the middle of a post, so I hope I don't have to do it all over again.

Cheers!
ip icon Logged

Andrew999

message icon
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2020, 02:57:17 PM »

Well done, Mark - our fate and future happiness is always in your hands :>
ip icon Logged
Comic Book Plus In-House Image

Yoc

message icon
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2020, 05:16:07 PM »

Thanks Mark, yep, things seem to be back to normal now.
:)
ip icon Logged

phantomdoll

message icon
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2020, 08:38:28 PM »

Site's working smoothly again for me now too   :D
At first I wondered if it was just me, because I only started getting the error messages after changing ISPs a few days ago!
ip icon Logged

crashryan

message icon
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2020, 12:18:26 AM »

Hurrah! Things back to normal now. Thanks, Mark.
ip icon Logged

ComicMike

message icon
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2020, 09:37:51 AM »

Hello, I have massive problems reaching CB+ since yesterday. Either I cannot reach the page at all, then the message appears

Connection problems
Unfortunately, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This could be because the server is busy. Please try again later.

Or it takes minutes, to display a page.

I hope, it's just a temporary disorder.
See you later.  :)
ip icon Logged

The Australian Panther

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2020, 10:55:52 AM »

I think everybody was affected. I couldn't access CB+ for about 8 hours and then it was extremely slow changing pages. This log-on was back to normal, lets hope it stays that way.   
ip icon Logged

ComicMike

message icon
« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2020, 02:08:50 PM »

Thank you for the information. For me it was the Login just problematic straight again, also the submitting from posts, but when I know, that it is a general problem, I just wait and see. :)
« Last Edit: September 09, 2020, 02:16:12 PM by Comickraut »
ip icon Logged

ComicMike

message icon
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2020, 04:50:06 PM »

At the moment I can only log in, if I turn off my VPN. I don't visit any dubious sites on the internet, but without a VPN, I feel uncomfortable. I'm trying to see, if I can somehow solve this problem and wether it is possible to log in with VPN again.

ip icon Logged

Robb_K

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2020, 04:58:18 PM »

I had the same problems for almost 3 days.  It seems okay now.  Thanks, Mark.
ip icon Logged

ComicMike

message icon
« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2020, 06:45:16 PM »

I found the "error", I can set different servers in my VPN and if I choose another server, I can log in without any problems.

At some point, I have so many protection programs on my computer, that I can no longer access the Internet, hahaha ...  ;D
ip icon Logged

ComicMike

message icon
« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2020, 01:03:01 PM »

Downloading today is a real disaster. :(
ip icon Logged
Pages: [1]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission: Our mission is to present free of charge, and to the widest audience, popular cultural works of the past. These are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They reflect the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We do not endorse these views, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

Disclaimer: We aim to house only Public Domain content. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further. Utilizing our downloadable content, is strictly at your own risk. In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.