in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 42,823 books
 New: 184 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

Commercial Use? Entire Website?

Pages: [1]

topic icon Author Topic: Commercial Use? Entire Website?  (Read 787 times)

aalenkin

message icon
Commercial Use? Entire Website?
« on: October 08, 2021, 04:31:23 PM »

I stumbled across this wonderful website, and read all the rules/policies.  Are all the comics here available to use commercially? I am looking to create Art and related products with snippets and collages of the various images and characters within the comics here.  This is an unbelievable amount of public domain images/information here so just want to check/verify.

I did send a message a few times through the site but did not hear back, thank you in advance for any help.
ip icon Logged

The Australian Panther

• VIP
message icon
Re: Commercial Use? Entire Website?
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2021, 10:48:36 PM »

aalenkin,

I'm not one of the experts on this, but as far as i know - we attempt to ensure that everything on the site is PD, ' in the public domain' but its not a black and white situation. There are many posts here relating to what 'in the public domain' and 'out of copyright' means. And also, it varies from country to country. Also, sometimes material comes back under copyright and is claimed by new corporate owners. Many items here are being used anew by others, but you can't copyright them yourself, as far as I know. Which is why, for example, there are several different examples of the Black Terror out there now. You need to do your own research and make your own decisions. Good luck to you.             
ip icon Logged

aalenkin

message icon
Re: Commercial Use? Entire Website?
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2021, 03:41:44 PM »

Thank you for the reply and detailed information, completely understood. I live in the USA and there are other websites which host public domain images but not comics etc, so when I stumbled across this I was quite impressed.  I guess this is a great way for individuals to enjoy the joy of comics and not to really use the images within for Art or commercial uses. If there is any other information available im all ears! Thank you again!
ip icon Logged
Pages: [1]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission: Our mission is to present free of charge, and to the widest audience, popular cultural works of the past. These are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They reflect the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We do not endorse these views, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

Disclaimer: We aim to house only Public Domain content. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further. Utilizing our downloadable content, is strictly at your own risk. In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.