in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 42,841 books
 New: 100 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

Publisher looking for Golden Age SF

Pages: [1]

topic icon Author Topic: Publisher looking for Golden Age SF  (Read 1054 times)

Timeship

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: Timeship
message icon
Publisher looking for Golden Age SF
« on: June 15, 2010, 12:14:27 AM »

Hi everyone, I'm a writer/artist and publisher of Sci-Fi Almanac, an international anthology for science fiction. I was lead to your site by one of our writers from Italy, who suggested we use illustrations from the Golden and Silver Age of SF, so I thought I'd come and look around at what you have and offer my friendship and collaboration in return. If anyone is interested in what we do or wants to help/contribute, come visit us at http://scifialmanac.ning.com. Membership is free and you may submit as much PD sci-fi covers and comic strips for publishing as you wish. We are a printed publication, mainly for short stories, but we are planning a fully illustrated eZine as well in various eBook formats, and dramatized audiobooks. If you are a writer or artist yourself (pro, amateur or complete beginner), we have a free contest, offering free publicity, so you can publish your own SF stories and artwork, or probably re-publish your beloved PD comic, if it really is 100% cleared off any copyright. Our idea was to restore/refine them digitally, or re-trace with ink if necessary, and see if they can illustrate our modern-day stories. Either way, the deadline is August 20th each year.

If you have any questions, contact me here or via http://www.facebook.com/timeship

Godspeed!
Bob Bello
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
Re: Publisher looking for Golden Age SF
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2010, 12:56:24 AM »

Great to have you hear Bob. And might I suggest the text stories from the sci fi comics here. As a mailing requirement comics were required to have text pieces. They are generally only one or two page stories. In the comic they went mostly unread. Your mag would be an excellent place to have them reprinted and more likely read.
ip icon Logged

Timeship

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: Timeship
message icon
Re: Publisher looking for Golden Age SF
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2010, 01:50:29 AM »

Great idea! Actually, we have movie writers and radio drama playwrights who do the same with their scripts--they novelize them and turn them into short stories of ca. 5,000-7,000 words, or about 10-15 pages in digest format (8.5x5.5 pocketbook). That's the perfect size for a short story, but of course it could be just 4-5 pages as well. Can you make them sound more than just dialogs? Just add some descriptions (or describe the comic scenes) and select the best of the graphics for story illustrations. Perfect!

Try and let me know. Or come join our site and see how we novelize scripts.

Thanks!     

Great to have you hear Bob. And might I suggest the text stories from the sci fi comics here. As a mailing requirement comics were required to have text pieces. They are generally only one or two page stories. In the comic they went mostly unread. Your mag would be an excellent place to have them reprinted and more likely read.
ip icon Logged
Pages: [1]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission: Our mission is to present free of charge, and to the widest audience, popular cultural works of the past. These are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They reflect the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We do not endorse these views, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

Disclaimer: We aim to house only Public Domain content. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further. Utilizing our downloadable content, is strictly at your own risk. In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.