in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 43,177 books
 New: 244 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

Re: Bulletman 15

Pages: [1]

topic icon Author Topic: Re: Bulletman 15  (Read 170 times)

The Australian Panther

• VIP
message icon
« on: June 17, 2023, 02:30:02 AM »

Never was a Bulletman fan, for reasons I won't go into here.
But. The story, 'Canine Army Pilot' takes some kind of record for the sheer amount of illogic and foolishness in one story. I would have fired that writer.
The ad, page 35, 'If you eat wisely you can eat less and therefore the starving Europeans can eat more!' is also ridiculous on more than one level.
Brings to mind the immortal words of my sister who hated eating everytihing on her plate, to which my mother would say, 'think about all the starving people in Asia. My sister's reply, ' OK then, mail it to them!'

Link to the book: Bulletman 15
ip icon Logged

Robb_K

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2023, 09:18:37 AM »

The ad, page 35, 'If you eat wisely you can eat less and therefore the starving Europeans can eat more!' is also ridiculous on more than one level.
Brings to mind the immortal words of my sister who hated eating EVERYTHING on her plate, to which my mother would say, 'think about all the starving people in Asia. My sister's reply, ' OK then, mail it to them!'

With us, it was always "Think about all the people starving in Africa or Asia!"  Often we singled out China or Ethiopia.  The starving people in Europe was too painful and close to home during The War, or during the first 10-12 years afterward, given we were so affected by The Holocost, and The Germans taking most of the food out of The Netherlands in late 1944, and so many people starved to death that Winter. of '44-'45.

I hope your sister is still alive, because she soon started to at least tolerate some foods, and ate something!  ;D
« Last Edit: June 17, 2023, 09:25:15 AM by Robb_K »
ip icon Logged

The Australian Panther

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2023, 05:21:12 AM »

I hope your sister is still alive, because she soon started to at least tolerate some foods, and ate something! 

Oh, she is very muc alive and a very healthy grandmother. In fact, as I was reading your post I has just finished  texting her daugher - my neice.  ???
ip icon Logged

Robb_K

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2023, 05:32:48 AM »

I hope your sister is still alive, because she soon started to at least tolerate some foods, and ate something! 

Oh, she is very much alive and a very healthy grandmother. In fact, as I was reading your post I has just finished  texting her daughter - my niece!!!

Good to hear!
So are my 6 cousins who lived with us, and always refused to eat their vegetables.  They are all healthy, and in their upper 70s and 80s, and they all eat very healthy diets, including lots of veggies, and fresh foods, and almost no packaged foods with additives and preservatives.  You never can judge a person by weird behaviour during their pre-adolescence period.
ip icon Logged
Pages: [1]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission: Our mission is to present free of charge, and to the widest audience, popular cultural works of the past. These are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They reflect the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We do not endorse these views, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

Disclaimer: We aim to house only Public Domain content. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further. Utilizing our downloadable content, is strictly at your own risk. In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.