in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 42,820 books
 New: 187 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

Katy Keene and similar comics wanted!

Pages: [1]

topic icon Author Topic: Katy Keene and similar comics wanted!  (Read 4292 times)

lillibelle

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: lillibelle
message icon
Katy Keene and similar comics wanted!
« on: September 16, 2010, 11:13:08 PM »

I have no idea whether or not these are anyone else's taste, but I would love to see more Katy Keene, Millie the Model, Sherry the Showgirl, etc. (yes, those are their names!) or any similar girly stuff.  There's just one Katy Keene on here so far (thank you, darkmark).  They were published by Archie Comics starting in the 40's.  Maybe it's considered super gauche on here, but I would love to see it!
Thanks...   
ip icon Logged

JonTheScanner

• VIP & JVJ Project Member
message icon
Re: Katy Keene and similar comics wanted!
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2010, 12:26:38 AM »

Millie and Sherry the Showgirl are by Marvel/Atlas/Timely and are not in the Public Domain and won't appear here.  Some early comics by MLJ that became Archie are PD, but later Archie's are not.  I'm not sure if Katy Keene is PD or not.
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2010, 06:33:03 PM »

We do have Ginger and Candy
ip icon Logged

CreepysFan

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2010, 06:58:35 AM »

There are Ginger comics here? I have Ginger #'s 6 and 10, but don't know how to upload for the site (I'm pretty computer illiterate). I also have Suzie # 85, and all the GoGo and Animal comics, and most of the Tippy Teens (GoGo and Tippy being Silver-Age Tower comics). If the site could use these (and tell me how to upload them), I would be happy to share these. Now excuse me while I search for the Ginger comics here.  :D
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2010, 12:41:02 PM »

Sorry Ginger came to mind with Candy. We do not have Ginger we Vicki and Candy we also a few Suzie and we have Dizzy Dames and one issue of Corliss Archer and one of Kitty and you will love Babe and Torchy and Mopsy. We have several to keep you happy for awhile. If you check the Silver Age SideStreet you will see that YES we do accept GO GO and Tippy and would love for you to fill in the missing issues.
ip icon Logged
Comic Book Plus In-House Image

JonTheScanner

• VIP & JVJ Project Member
message icon
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2010, 06:12:13 PM »

I also have Suzie # 85, and all the GoGo and Animal comics, and most of the Tippy Teens (GoGo and Tippy being Silver-Age Tower comics). If the site could use these (and tell me how to upload them), I would be happy to share these.

Here are the instructions for uploading to this site.  BE SURE TO CLICK ON CONFIRM AS A LAST STEP

http://goldenagecomics.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,1133.0.html

Let us know if you need more help.  I'd love to re-read the Tower Teen titles.
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2010, 11:02:04 PM »

Always check to make sure the title is not already here so you do not do duplicate work for nothing. We have several of the Tower Teen titles which we are grateful never carried a copyright
ip icon Logged

CreepysFan

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2010, 07:20:12 AM »

I also have a number of the Harvey teen ' Bunny ' comics from `66-`69, and although I've searched I can't find if they are PD or not.
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2010, 10:49:43 AM »

I have the Bunny's also and while we would love to be able to host them we can not. If you want to know if a book is OK look at the indicia. Bunny clearly says copyright 19xx by Harvey. Since anything after 1964 did not need renewed then the books remain copyright. The Harvey family still retains the rights to their properties. The wonderfully offbeat Fruitman appears in the Bunny title and a one shot of his own (which I also have.)
ip icon Logged

CreepysFan

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2010, 07:57:39 PM »

I was afraid of that, that's why I asked.  Am scanning some GOGO & ANIMAL, hopefully to contribute soon.
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2010, 08:17:48 PM »

Did you check to make sure we did not already have them? If we need them thanks
ip icon Logged
Pages: [1]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission: Our mission is to present free of charge, and to the widest audience, popular cultural works of the past. These are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They reflect the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We do not endorse these views, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

Disclaimer: We aim to house only Public Domain content. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further. Utilizing our downloadable content, is strictly at your own risk. In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.