in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 42,820 books
 New: 187 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

Whiz Comics, Blue Beetle etc

Pages: [1]

topic icon Author Topic: Whiz Comics, Blue Beetle etc  (Read 4002 times)

elcaracol

message icon
Whiz Comics, Blue Beetle etc
« on: October 04, 2010, 10:13:21 PM »

Hi, I'm interested in Whiz Comics, Blue Beetle etc, because I'd like to create a magazine in Italy based on copyfree comics!
What I have to do to download freely your amazing comics?

Thank you in advance.
ip icon Logged

boox909

• VIP
message icon
Re: Whiz Comics, Blue Beetle etc
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2010, 10:17:27 PM »

Hi, I'm interested in Whiz Comics, Blue Beetle etc, because I'd like to create a magazine in Italy based on copyfree comics!

Thank you in advance.

READ: http://goldenagecomics.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,2234.msg25664.html#msg25664 aka "HERE'S WHAT YOU HAVE TO DO TO START DOWNLOADING!"

B.
ip icon Logged

elcaracol

message icon
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2010, 10:18:55 PM »

Thank you so much!
ip icon Logged

boox909

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2010, 10:29:35 PM »

Thank you in advance.

BTW, tread carefully with the Fawcett properties. Do some forum searches regarding copyright.

B.
ip icon Logged

elcaracol

message icon
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2010, 10:35:29 PM »

Thank you in advance.

BTW, tread carefully with the Fawcett properties. Do some forum searches regarding copyright.

B.

I saw it!!!!
By the way, I read this:
"The Scarab is a fictional superhero character who first appeared in the 2008 miniseries Project Superpowers from Dynamite Entertainment[1]. While he is loosely based on the golden age Scarab, he is one of the few original characters in the series, with most of the others being Golden Age characters who
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2010, 11:27:58 PM »

It means what it says. They have fallen into public domain free to be used by the public
ip icon Logged
Comic Book Plus In-House Image

elcaracol

message icon
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2010, 11:54:49 AM »

It means what it says. They have fallen into public domain free to be used by the public

Ok. Perfect. Thank you.
I was in trouble because I thought there woul be a risk that the public domain ended because of Dynamite or Moore re-used the charcters.
So, is it not a problem? is it correct?
I'm sorry if I'm so annoying, but I'd like to create a magazine and, so, I don'to want to risk nothing.
Thank you.
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2010, 02:24:26 PM »

As all the responders say if you want to be sure you must consult a lawyer. We can only give our opinion
ip icon Logged

boox909

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2010, 03:37:39 PM »

And the other issue is that you're in Italy -- don't expect us to know Italy's copyright laws or what international treaties govern that nation's position. Consulting a lawyer in Italy is the only way you can be sure to protect yourself.

B.
ip icon Logged

elcaracol

message icon
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2010, 04:02:26 PM »

Perfect!
Thank you so much for your help and suggestions!
« Last Edit: October 09, 2010, 09:52:23 AM by elcaracol »
ip icon Logged

elcaracol

message icon
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2010, 09:55:18 AM »

Now I can ask you what I need:
missing issues of Fighting Yank!
What I have to do!
Thank you again!
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2010, 12:44:33 PM »

elaracol we are missing a few issues of Fighting Yank. We may not have any current members with these issues. However JVJ has FIGHTING YANK   3,24,26,29 maybe one of the JVJ scanners will be able to get to them in the near future. Be patient and they will eventually show up. Just a note, since English is not your first language, to watch punctuation. If we did not know any better it would look like you are being rude to have an ! instead of a ? after "What I have to do" Just a friendly pointer to help in communications. Enjoy the books we have to offer and welcome to our community.
ip icon Logged

elcaracol

message icon
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2010, 06:52:43 PM »

elaracol we are missing a few issues of Fighting Yank. We may not have any current members with these issues. However JVJ has FIGHTING YANK   3,24,26,29 maybe one of the JVJ scanners will be able to get to them in the near future. Be patient and they will eventually show up. Just a note, since English is not your first language, to watch punctuation. If we did not know any better it would look like you are being rude to have an ! instead of a ? after "What I have to do" Just a friendly pointer to help in communications. Enjoy the books we have to offer and welcome to our community.

Perfect. Thank you so much!
The ! wasn't a problem of language! It was only distraction.
Thank you again. I will be patient, sure.
You're doing a great work!
ip icon Logged
Pages: [1]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission: Our mission is to present free of charge, and to the widest audience, popular cultural works of the past. These are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They reflect the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We do not endorse these views, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

Disclaimer: We aim to house only Public Domain content. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further. Utilizing our downloadable content, is strictly at your own risk. In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.