in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 42,823 books
 New: 183 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

Doctor Who: the Saturday Morning Cartoon Series...

Pages: [1]

topic icon Author Topic: Doctor Who: the Saturday Morning Cartoon Series...  (Read 5591 times)

Menticide

• VIP & JVJ Project Member
message icon
Doctor Who: the Saturday Morning Cartoon Series...
« on: June 01, 2011, 05:27:52 AM »

I just found out about this because I was reading about the history of the company that was approached to make this. The company is Nelvana, they make a lot of cartoons aimed at very young children, and they made a pretty neat movie in the early eighties called Rock & Rule (a rather mindless sci-fi take on Faust with a really good soundtrack). In the mid-to-late-eighties they were producing two Star Wars cartoons, Droids, and the Ewoks, when CBS approached them with the proposition of producing an American version of Doctor Who. This would have been a Saturday morning cartoon, but it never made it beyond the planning stages. Interestingly enough, I managed to dig up some concept art, and it looks a little bit intriguing to me:

ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
Re: Doctor Who: the Saturday Morning Cartoon Series...
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2011, 02:15:26 PM »

There was an animated Dr. Who movie Infinite Quest
ip icon Logged

alfje

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2011, 12:05:57 PM »

There was an animated Dr. Who movie Infinite Quest

I don't think I'm supposed to post the links to it here, so I'm just giving a little hint for who's interested.
@ Admins/Mods : If I'm also not supposed to do this.......... just delete this post. :)

Type   Infinite Quest .avi  (don't forget the .avi) in Google and the filehosters where to download the movie for free pop up.  ;)
ip icon Logged

jay042

message icon
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2011, 10:00:24 PM »

It's a shame the Nelvana cartoon never happened. I'm guessing that was about the same time they were doing the Droids and Ewoks toons for Lucas. They had some good animation for that time period, and I expect the show would have been awesome.

Here's some of the concept art for the show. Their TARDIS interior would still work today.

http://tardis.wikia.com/wiki/Nelvana
ip icon Logged
Pages: [1]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission: Our mission is to present free of charge, and to the widest audience, popular cultural works of the past. These are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They reflect the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We do not endorse these views, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

Disclaimer: We aim to house only Public Domain content. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further. Utilizing our downloadable content, is strictly at your own risk. In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.