in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 42,820 books
 New: 189 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

The Wolf with some comics to upload

Pages: [1]

topic icon Author Topic: The Wolf with some comics to upload  (Read 2938 times)

The Wolf

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: The Wolf
message icon
The Wolf with some comics to upload
« on: January 06, 2007, 07:44:21 PM »

I have some assorted Golden Age comics without covers I will upload.
The first one is Comics on Parade with "Abbie an' Slats", "The Captain and the Kids", "The Beasts of Tarzan", "Twice Told Tales", "Ella Cinders", "Broncho Bill", "Looy", "Grin and Bear It", "Dynamite Dunn","Nancy", "Little Mary Mixup", "The Boomers", "Danny Dingle", "Alice in Wonderland", "Cynical Susie", "Li'l Abner" and "Billy Make Believe".
I believe "Tarzan", "Nancy" and "Li'l Abner" are copyprotected.
I'll find list more of my comics later, find out how to upload and see if I can find out what I am allowed to upload.

Sincerely,
The Wolf
ip icon Logged

Aussie500

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: Aussie500
message icon
Re: The Wolf with some comics to upload
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2007, 02:19:52 PM »

Welcome to the forum The Wolf. Thanks for volunteering to upload, try and provide a list of the comic names and publishers before uploading so l can check if they are all right for us to host, most of the comics mentioned in your post seem to be from the United Features Single Series, later l will look them up. When l have checked them l will give you the ftp details so you can upload them
« Last Edit: January 14, 2007, 02:23:37 PM by aussie500 »
ip icon Logged

The Wolf

• Past Member
message icon
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2007, 12:16:39 AM »

Some of the issues I can scan are "Crackajack Comics" #25 from July 1940, "Famous Funnies" #107 from June 1943 and a "Popular Comics" from 1943. They are all missing covers and a couple of pages are missing from the Famous Funnies.
Let me know if you want the characters that are in the issues.
ip icon Logged

Aussie500

• Past Member
message icon
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2007, 12:16:12 PM »

First 2 look fine, there could be a few problems with the Popular Comic though, which characters were in it?
« Last Edit: January 15, 2007, 12:21:06 PM by aussie500 »
ip icon Logged

The Wolf

• Past Member
message icon
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2007, 07:53:36 PM »

The Popular Comics has Smilin' Jack, Dr. Bobbs, Gang Busters, Elza Poppin, Terry and the Pirates, Smitty by Berndt, Etta Kett, Smokey Stover, Polly and Her Pals, and Gasoline Alley.
After I get an OK how do I upload?

Sincerely,
The Wolf
ip icon Logged

Aussie500

• Past Member
message icon
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2007, 11:47:54 AM »

Sorry about that could The Wolf could have sworn l sent the ftp details yesterday, l must be going crazy
ip icon Logged

Yoc

• Past Member
message icon
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2007, 05:53:26 AM »

Welcome to the site Wolf.
I like your taste in comics!

-Yoc
ip icon Logged

The Wolf

• Past Member
message icon
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2007, 07:58:39 AM »

I really am in the dark when it comes to understanding anything about how computers work.
Aussie500, I got the info you sent but i don't understand what I do after I download all segments of the FTP onto my computer. See, I told you I'm easily confused. I have the Famous Funnies (although not extant) scanned and in a folder as JPEGs.
Sorry, I'm so slow. I think I need someone to stand over my shoulder and say, "Push that key, now that one."

Sincerely,
The Wolf
ip icon Logged

Aussie500

• Past Member
message icon
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2007, 12:10:59 PM »

Segments of the ftp, that sounds like trouble! When you scan the comic, edit it, resize it (something like 1024 pixels width, 150 dpi resolution although it could be higher), you put them in an appropriately named folder and then pack them up either into a zip or rar file. You can then change the file extension to cbr for a rar file or cbz for a zip file to allow them to be automatically opened with CDisplay, the comic reader most people would use. If you need help with the ftp there are some instructions l could send you, although personally l am hopeless at setting them up  ::)
ip icon Logged

The Wolf

• Past Member
message icon
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2007, 08:15:54 AM »

Thanks for the info.
I'll start editing and resizing then get the zipp filed.
I think I know someone that understands these "new fangled" computers better than I. I'll get his help.
Baby steps, I can do it. ;)

I also remembered I have a "Blue Bolt" comic from 1946. If all goes well I'll look for it and scan also.

Sincerely,
the Wolf
ip icon Logged
Pages: [1]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission: Our mission is to present free of charge, and to the widest audience, popular cultural works of the past. These are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They reflect the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We do not endorse these views, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

Disclaimer: We aim to house only Public Domain content. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further. Utilizing our downloadable content, is strictly at your own risk. In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.