in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 42,813 books
 New: 194 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

The funniest comics on the site

Pages: [1]

topic icon Author Topic: The funniest comics on the site  (Read 213 times)

capkebec

message icon
The funniest comics on the site
« on: March 27, 2024, 12:35:55 PM »

Hello,

What do you think are the funniest comics on the site? I'm currently reading Archie on the site and it's making me laugh. Do you have any others to recommend? I'm not very familiar with the world of American comics and that's why I'm asking for advice.

Thank you in advance for your suggestions.
ip icon Logged

crashryan

• VIP & JVJ Project Member
message icon
Re: The funniest comics on the site
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2024, 03:30:07 AM »

What do you think are the funniest comics on the site? I'm currently reading Archie on the site and it's making me laugh. Do you have any others to recommend? I'm not very familiar with the world of American comics and that's why I'm asking for advice.

Everybody's taste in humor is different, but for my money the later issues of Dell's Animal Comics with Walt Kelly's Pogo and Albert are great fun. Dell also published two amusing series written by John Stanley, Dunc and Loo and Thirteen (Going on Eighteen). In an entirely different vein is Ralph Fuller's Oaky Doaks, in our newspaper strip section. It's a funny take on knights-in-armor stories. Though I'm not that great a fan, many readers like Boody Rogers' offbeat Sparky Watts. You'll find him under "Columbia" in the publisher list.

I hope one of these might strike your fancy.
ip icon Logged

capkebec

message icon
Re: The funniest comics on the site
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2024, 03:41:04 PM »

Thanks so much, I'll have a look at everything you mention.

I already know John Stanley's "Thirteen Going on Eighteen" from the book published by Drawn & Quarterly circa 2010 and I love the humor in this series. It's fun to have access to the scan of the original comics in the series.

Thanks again for all the suggestions!
ip icon Logged
Pages: [1]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission: Our mission is to present free of charge, and to the widest audience, popular cultural works of the past. These are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They reflect the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We do not endorse these views, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

Disclaimer: We aim to house only Public Domain content. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further. Utilizing our downloadable content, is strictly at your own risk. In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.