in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 43,472 books
 New: 226 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

KO KOMICS

Pages: [1]

topic icon Author Topic: KO KOMICS  (Read 2885 times)

rez

• Past Member
message icon
KO KOMICS
« on: April 28, 2008, 01:28:19 PM »

I have a folder of  KO KOMICS in a zip file.
I know nothing about ftp, what it is, what purpose it serves or how to send the file to it.
I have downloaded it but see no left and right columns and have no working knowledge of what to do with it.

Hate pestering you all for data but how else do you grow.

be growing
ip icon Logged

Aussie500

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: Aussie500
message icon
Re: KO KOMICS
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2008, 02:48:32 AM »

l presume you got the instructions l sent and have read them. The left side once you have started FileZilla (or whichever client you are using) is your PC, the right side is the ftp assuming you are connected to the ftp. You can navigate through the folders the same as you would in explorer, if you set up a default folder when installing the ftp client it will automatically open to that folder or whatever the last folder was that you used if you have not set a default folder. Once you have located the comic scan on your PC, open the folder called rez on the ftp and drag the scan into the folder (on the right hand side of the screen), it should start uploading. Hopefully someone will come along who can explain it better.

ip icon Logged

John C

message icon
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2008, 01:42:53 PM »

Briefly (I don't have more than a minute or two--if anything's confusing, scream), you need to set the thing up.  Assuming you're using FileZilla, which is all I have handy on this machine:

From the menu, open File/Site Manager.
Click the "New Site" button.
The Host is "goldenagecomics.co.uk" of course.
The "Servertype" is FTP (which means the Port should be 21--both should be automatic).
The "Logontype" (geez, ever hear of the space bar, guys?) is "Normal."
Fill in the User and Password you got from Ms. Aussie.
Click "Connect," and you should be ready to go.  Your computer's files are on the left, the FTP server is on the right.

If you're using different software, the steps will be slightly different (especially the first step--they probably won't call it a "Site Manager"), but look for similar terms and you should be close enough.
ip icon Logged

rez

• Past Member
message icon
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2008, 04:52:09 PM »

Thanks to all.
I'll be working on this.

more to follow...
ip icon Logged

rez

• Past Member
message icon
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2008, 07:50:25 PM »

Ok, I think I have downloaded KO KOMICS onto the FTP site.
I take it this is the folder and the way to announce it to you.
The first copy I think I shot off into the nether as I had neglected to drag to my folder on the right side and instead emptied it into the unlabeled void so I have no idea what happened.
The secondshot went into my folder and is listed as being there so I at least accomplished that much.
Let me know your final analysis of the sitution so I might better fine tune the operation and future troop movements might be better streamlined.

Cheers

[/quote]
ip icon Logged

Geo (R.I.P.)

• VIP & JVJ Project Member
message icon
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2008, 12:03:40 AM »

Ok, I think I have downloaded KO KOMICS onto the FTP site.
I take it this is the folder and the way to announce it to you.
The first copy I think I shot off into the nether as I had neglected to drag to my folder on the right side and instead emptied it into the unlabeled void so I have no idea what happened.
The secondshot went into my folder and is listed as being there so I at least accomplished that much.
Let me know your final analysis of the sitution so I might better fine tune the operation and future troop movements might be better streamlined.

Cheers

I found it loose so I moved it into your folder on the ftp with the unzipped file folder. I know it can be confusing when you first upload files, but you'll get better at it after a bit. And thanks for the upload, nice scan.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2008, 12:09:45 AM by Geo »
ip icon Logged

Aussie500

• Past Member
message icon
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2008, 01:23:35 AM »

Thanks rez, it is now available on the site. When naming the folder you do not need to include ZIP in the name, just the comic name and number then zip it up.
ip icon Logged

rez

• Past Member
message icon
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2008, 01:41:47 AM »

"I found it loose so I moved it into your folder on the ftp with the unzipped file folder."

Does that mean that I did not zip the KO file properly?

These things I have to know, you know.

I'll be experimenting with saving to a .cbz to make things easier. 

I found it loose so I moved it into your folder on the ftp with the unzipped file folder. I know it can be confusing when you first upload files, but you'll get better at it after a bit. And thanks for the upload, nice scan.
[/quote]
ip icon Logged

Aussie500

• Past Member
message icon
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2008, 02:40:03 AM »

You uploaded two versions, the one you uploaded to space ended up on the ftp but was not in your folder and not zipped it was just a folder of loose jpgs, the one you put in your folder was a zip file. l can just as easily change it to a cbz file after you have uploaded it if you are still having trouble changing the file extension, it is no problem for me to rename it.  :)
ip icon Logged
Pages: [1]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission: Our mission is to present free of charge, and to the widest audience, popular cultural works of the past. These are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They reflect the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We do not endorse these views, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

Disclaimer: We aim to house only Public Domain content. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further. Utilizing our downloadable content, is strictly at your own risk. In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.