in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 42,820 books
 New: 189 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

Hi!

Pages: [1]

topic icon Author Topic: Hi!  (Read 1996 times)

boox909

• VIP
message icon
Hi!
« on: May 04, 2012, 02:58:36 PM »

I still feel like I am in a dream ... a few of you know that I had not been on GAC-UK for a while, having jumped ship to focus on sanity, work, and other amusements in general. A few weeks ago my GAC-UK bookmark changed to something called "CBPlus" and I wondered what had happened. Well, I never expected any of this. I didn't. I am floored. This new phase of the site has my interest and I plan to at least check in evey few days and perhaps even post on a regular basis in the GA Swag thread.

My sincere thanks to the crew that have shepherded GAC-UK into ComicBook Plus! I see a bright future here and I look forward to getting to know some of the new gang, and catching up with the stalwarts.

Special mega thanks and uber respect to Mark.

B.

PS: Yoc is back...can you freak'n believe that? And Rod Sterling isn't even in the room!!!  ;D ;D ;D
« Last Edit: May 04, 2012, 03:08:55 PM by boox909 »
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
Re: Hi!
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2012, 03:20:52 PM »

This is what I hung on for. With my selected crew we kept it alive until Mark could come along and make us shine.
ip icon Logged

builderboy

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2012, 03:58:22 PM »

Congratulations to all!   It has been a while since my involvement here, but I am SO...HAPPY to see you made it.  It was a long road from when the GAC site flat-lined and required rebuilding of the database.

So...assuming that all is 'go', is the contribution process still the same? Uploading feature functional?

p.s. - so happy that my old login was still functional, as well.  Good to see you folks, Narf, Boox. And Yoc is back too? All is right in the world.
ip icon Logged

josemas

• VIP & JVJ Project Member
message icon
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2012, 04:50:55 PM »

Boox,

Good to see you popping in again!  Hope to see more of you on the forum in the future.

Yes Mark has done wonders with the site and more is to come as he continues to diligently work away behind the scenes.

I also want to extend my thanks to the older administrators like you and Narf for holding it together as long as you did until Mark arrived to begin the resurrection process we are now going through. 

Best

Joe
ip icon Logged

Yoc

message icon
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2012, 01:05:37 AM »

Hey, Boox is back!    :D
Great to see you here buddy!

Yep, Mark has done wonders for the old girl.  She's lookin' very snazzy.
And I see more missing books are starting to show up.

Things are looking good and old faces are saying hello.
Maybe Rod Serling actually IS in the room?
*hehe*  ;D
ip icon Logged

paw broon

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2012, 01:43:10 PM »

Hello again Boox.  Good to have you back and I look forward to your posts on the forum.
ip icon Logged

Geo (R.I.P.)

message icon
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2012, 06:29:36 PM »

Hey Boox, long time no see. Glad to see you stopping by again. Interesting that Yoc is back and in living colour, hee, hee.

Geo
ip icon Logged
Pages: [1]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission: Our mission is to present free of charge, and to the widest audience, popular cultural works of the past. These are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They reflect the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We do not endorse these views, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

Disclaimer: We aim to house only Public Domain content. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further. Utilizing our downloadable content, is strictly at your own risk. In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.