in house dollar bill thumbnail
In-House Image
 Total: 42,823 books
 New: 183 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

Professor H's Zodiac Comics

Pages: [1]

topic icon Author Topic: Professor H's Zodiac Comics  (Read 3204 times)

profh0011

• Global Moderator
message icon
Professor H's Zodiac Comics
« on: January 05, 2013, 05:30:26 AM »

Although I used my company name for the blog, it's really a catch-all for any of MY OWN work, whether comics-related or not.

Just tonight, I set up a new page, this one spotlighting work I did in art school back in 1986-87 (although one piece from 1976 snuck in there).  Enjoy!

http://professorhszodiaccomics.blogspot.com/2013/01/my-art.html
ip icon Logged

profh0011

• Global Moderator
message icon
The GUN!
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2013, 03:38:13 AM »

In between continuing to look for a job (applied to 5 MORE this morning!) I
decided to throw some more stuff up at my Zodiac Comics blog.

Today: THE GUN #1. This is the original, "stick-figure" version from January
1975, in all its absurd hilarity. WHO KNEW this would become my longest-running
character? Enjoy!

http://professorhszodiaccomics.blogspot.com/2013/01/the-gun.html

Henry
ip icon Logged

profh0011

• Global Moderator
message icon
The WIERDLINGS
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2013, 03:39:36 AM »

I can't believe how busy I've been with the Zodiac Comics blog today. Not only
do I now have the original versions of the first 4 GUN! episodes posted, but I
just finished posting all 5 WIERDLINGS comics as well. That's all 4 stories
from 1975-76, plus the redo of the 1st one from 2001-up. (I did the full-size
pencils in August 2001, I forget exactly when I got the inks, colors & special
effects done.)

Over the years, there's 3 main heroes I've written-- STORMBOY (superhero in a
utopian future), THE GUN! (machine-gun vigilante) and PROFESSOR WILLARD WIER (mystic superhero with a "team" of monsters at his command). In many ways, Willard has always been the funniest, because he's the most manically intense!

Here's the 1st episode, done as a mini-comic, in May 1975. Links take you to
the others. Enjoy!

http://professorhszodiaccomics.blogspot.com/2013/01/the-wierdlings.html

Henry
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
Re: Professor H's Zodiac Comics
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2013, 11:05:11 AM »

Looks like a lot of fun to read. Dang it Henry something else on my list to do without those extra hours in the day  ;)
ip icon Logged

profh0011

• Global Moderator
message icon
GALACTON 2230 #2
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2013, 02:48:42 AM »

I've now re-posted the first 2 episodes of the unpublished 2230 #2 at my blog, where it's MUCH bigger and easier to read and appreciate than it ever was at the old Webspawner / Zodiac Comics website.

I just got done writing introductions, which may help to explain some of the intense, overwhelming complexity of this apparent "sitcom" (or is that "comedy-soap-opera"?).

As if crossing BATTLESTAR GALACTICA with STAR TREK wasn't enough, this one tosses in elements from M*A*S*H, HOUSE CALLS, SUPERMAN ("The movie"), THE MUPPET SHOW, 1941... oh yeah, and ALIEN.  No S***!!!!! Yep, I actually wrote a sequel to Ridley Scott's film years before James Cameron got around to doing his. (Or at least, I started on one... it's always a shame when a project remains unfinished.)

http://professorhszodiaccomics.blogspot.com/2013/01/galacton-2230-part-4.html
ip icon Logged

profh0011

• Global Moderator
message icon
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2013, 08:26:42 PM »

The next 2 episodes of 2230 #2 have been cleaned-up, re-lettered, and posted at the Zodiac Comics blog.

The soap-opera finally managed to meander its way closer to the "main story" this time, as Robert Stack's character decides to check out the "emergency" going on down in Flight Deck Alpha, where a fire that was put out, mysterious re-started before being put out again, several men have gone missing, and some THING seems to be creeping around in the shadows.

There are times when I realy wish I'd been able to finish this story... oh well!  At least I'm getting this part of it more readable.

http://professorhszodiaccomics.blogspot.com/2013/01/galacton-2230-part-5.html
ip icon Logged

profh0011

• Global Moderator
message icon
Re: GALACTON 2230
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2013, 04:38:38 AM »

AT LAST!  The final 2 episodes have been cleaned up, re-lettered, and posted at the blog.  Now the entire, unpublished 2230 #2 can be read in all its overly-complicated glory.  I once again apologize in advance for the fact that this story has NEVER been finished.  But that's the way it goes.  ENJOY!

http://professorhszodiaccomics.blogspot.com/2013/01/galacton-2230-part-6.html

Henry
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2013, 12:44:37 PM »

Crazy stuff man.
ip icon Logged
Pages: [1]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission: Our mission is to present free of charge, and to the widest audience, popular cultural works of the past. These are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They reflect the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We do not endorse these views, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

Disclaimer: We aim to house only Public Domain content. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further. Utilizing our downloadable content, is strictly at your own risk. In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.