in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 42,820 books
 New: 187 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

Hello folks.

Pages: [1]

topic icon Author Topic: Hello folks.  (Read 675 times)

Zimm

message icon
Hello folks.
« on: December 13, 2013, 03:50:40 PM »

(I can't type that subject without hearing Droopy saying it - LOL!)

I'm Randy Zimmerman (no relation to notorious "George"- where I'm from it's been a problem), with the nickname of "Zimm", and I'm "new" to this site and the forum. 

I am a commercial/graphic artist (working professionally under the business name of Zimm Graphix), with a LONG love of comics (especially the "odd" ones), of ALL kinds and types.  Been reading comics since I was a kid and working "in" comics since about the mid 80's.

I call Burton Michigan (suburb of Flint) my home and am co-creator/Editor of a local comics newspaper called Flint Comix and Entertainment that is closing in on five year's worth of monthly publishing. The paper is advertiser supported, is free to local readers, is published monthly, and has a readership we estimate to be close to at least 30,000.  I print new and old strips (Lio, James Bond, Flash Gordon, Judge Dredd, Argyle Sweater, Mutt and Jeff amopng others), as well as quality local strips and columns.  We cirrculate around the Genesee, Shiawasee, and Lapeer counties of Michigan (about a 20 mile radius from around downtown Flint), and one of these days I'm going to franchise the idea out to other markets, eventually making a solid living at publishing funny papers (it is a goal I have...).

I have two grown daughters and a step son (none of whom live at home as of this posting), a lovely, supporting, (more patient than I deserve actually) wife, and a house cat named Swiffer.

I've worked in the field of "comics" most of my life, having self published alternative comics a number of times (mostly under the "Arrow Comics" banner) and being printed off and on by quite a few other alternative publishers over the years.  The last set of products I had distributed through the direct comics market was a three part mini series on comics history and future featuring my angry little monkey: Spank The Monkey On The Comics Market.

I'm not really a big forum talker, but I'll try to stop by from time to time to add anything I can to the conversation.  Love the site.  If you want to know more about me, or Flint Comix for that matter, we've both got Facebook pages.  Thanks for reading.
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
Re: Hello folks.
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2013, 04:01:06 AM »

Thanks for the bio and welcome to the site. Please go to comics.org and complete the Flint indexes as well as any other credits that may be missing. This helps your exposure and helps the comics community. Hope you all the success for your comics work. We all love comics here.
ip icon Logged
Pages: [1]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission: Our mission is to present free of charge, and to the widest audience, popular cultural works of the past. These are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They reflect the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We do not endorse these views, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

Disclaimer: We aim to house only Public Domain content. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further. Utilizing our downloadable content, is strictly at your own risk. In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.