in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 42,820 books
 New: 189 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

Hello New to Site

Pages: [1]

topic icon Author Topic: Hello New to Site  (Read 778 times)

paime77

message icon
Hello New to Site
« on: November 11, 2013, 07:57:52 PM »

I'm new to site but not new to comics.  I've been drawing comics my whole life, though getting paid to do it hasn't worked out yet.  I have a love for artists and the World has finally gotten to the point where I can afford to see some of the greats -- like Fine and Crandall.  Afford meaning free!  I bought a couple Golden age comics once, but I'm not a collector and I felt that others would take better care of them -- I would actually READ them!  Or God forbid study them!  Electronic comics are great for prosperity!  So I intend to study and grow from seeing solutions of the greats!
ip icon Logged

paw broon

• Administrator
message icon
Re: Hello New to Site
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2013, 02:40:01 PM »

Hello paime77 and welcome to CB+.  Certainly, with all the digital comics available here you don't have to worry about physical deterioration.  Some of us have embraced digital comics but most also enjoy the look, feel and smell of an old comicbook.  Chacun a son gout, and a good thing too. There is so much good art available, and some pretty poor stuff.  I think you will find piles of stuff to appeal to you and many more comic artists to study and enjoy.
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
Re: Hello New to Site
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2013, 11:03:21 AM »

Welcome and enjoy. Since they are free you can also branch out. Try books you would not normally buy. I have recently gained a greater appreciation for the humor artists.
ip icon Logged
Pages: [1]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission: Our mission is to present free of charge, and to the widest audience, popular cultural works of the past. These are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They reflect the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We do not endorse these views, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

Disclaimer: We aim to house only Public Domain content. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further. Utilizing our downloadable content, is strictly at your own risk. In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.