in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 42,820 books
 New: 189 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

Hello!

Pages: [1]

topic icon Author Topic: Hello!  (Read 1351 times)

Ontology

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: Ontology
message icon
Hello!
« on: July 27, 2008, 03:27:16 PM »

Gee gosh,

I'm new to this whole vintage comics thing, but really enjoy the history and beauty of these far too often forgotten masterpieces of yore. Seeing veteran scanner names like Phabox, Yoc, Darkmark, and Cimmeria32 here just, well, sends shivers down my spine, like five minutes to go on an ebay bid on Best Comics #1 (1939)!
And I'll never forget the time I was bitten by a rabid wombat in Tasmania, and Aussie500 nursed me back to health with Briefer Frankenstein scans from Phabox. Moments like that stay with you forever!
So I'm going to try and scan some comics in the future, to try and catch up with and contribute to this scene in some small way.  ;)

And what is that microfishy stuff? It looks different than paper. Is it hard to do? Maybe I could try that, too!

And I hope, OH I REALLY hope, that I might even become a VIP here someday, and finally not get the "you have reached your download limit" message before I have even downloaded anything!   :D

With wobbly first steps,
Ontology
ip icon Logged

rez

• Past Member
message icon
Re: Hello!
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2008, 06:20:46 PM »

Good stuff Ontology, glad yer aboard.

Gee gosh,

I'm new to this whole vintage comics thing, but really enjoy the history and beauty of these far too often forgotten masterpieces of yore. Seeing veteran scanner names like Phabox, Yoc, Darkmark, and Cimmeria32 here just, well, sends shivers down my spine, like five minutes to go on an ebay bid on Best Comics #1 (1939)!
And I'll never forget the time I was bitten by a rabid wombat in Tasmania, and Aussie500 nursed me back to health with Briefer Frankenstein scans from Phabox. Moments like that stay with you forever!
So I'm going to try and scan some comics in the future, to try and catch up with and contribute to this scene in some small way.  ;)

And what is that microfishy stuff? It looks different than paper. Is it hard to do? Maybe I could try that, too!

And I hope, OH I REALLY hope, that I might even become a VIP here someday, and finally not get the "you have reached your download limit" message before I have even downloaded anything!   :D

With wobbly first steps,
Ontology

ip icon Logged

Aussie500

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: Aussie500
message icon
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2008, 10:57:03 PM »

*checks the place for rabid wombats*

Nice to see you found us again, really the download limits are quite generous, you just seem to have run into a common bug some people have trouble with.
ip icon Logged

Yoc

• Past Member
message icon
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2008, 11:01:40 PM »

About time you got here Ont!!   ::) ;)

Glad to hear the Power of Phabox was able to heal your bite wound.
Did you know that if you stand naked in your yard and hold a printed scan of his in the air and yell 'Xobahp!' backwards.... absolutely nothing happens and your neighbours will call the cops on you.
It's true!!

If you are getting the 'download limit' message check the FAQ link in my siggy.

Enjoy the goodies and I hope you'll upload any new scans you do to the FTP for sharing here as well!
-Yoc
ip icon Logged
Pages: [1]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission: Our mission is to present free of charge, and to the widest audience, popular cultural works of the past. These are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They reflect the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We do not endorse these views, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

Disclaimer: We aim to house only Public Domain content. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further. Utilizing our downloadable content, is strictly at your own risk. In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.