in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 42,820 books
 New: 189 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

Kid + Candy Store = Thank you

Pages: [1]

topic icon Author Topic: Kid + Candy Store = Thank you  (Read 1288 times)

jetan

message icon
Kid + Candy Store = Thank you
« on: August 03, 2008, 09:38:15 AM »

Thanks. There are tons of things here that I only know from Lupoff and Steranko. Never seen the Captain Marvel Story Books before (the Beck art is lovely.....hard to believe that he and Hegre developed independently)....never read a Mr. Scarlet story till now.

But I especially must thank you for all of the Terry And The Pirates stuff. I had never seen an entire continuity before.....they have wiped me out. Only my loyalty to Dick Tracy and Little Orphan Annie prevents me from declaring Caniff the best comics god ever.
ip icon Logged

phabox

• VIP & JVJ Project Member
message icon
Re: Kid + Candy Store = Thank you
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2008, 10:38:47 AM »

There's loads of great stuff here already and with any luck LOTS more still to come.

So enjoy yourself and while doing so spare a thought to all those hard working creators many now sadly long since departed who slaved away on these books now preseved for future enjoyement on this site.

And of course a vote of 'Thanks'  to all the scanners who spend time and money making the comics freely available here.

-Nigel
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
Re: Kid + Candy Store = Thank you
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2008, 11:48:20 AM »

As the fairly recent purchaser and uploader of Terry 26 I thank you.  I debate my selections to scan and wonder if a particular book is worth the effort if it is not a Superhero or horror book.  I have gone ahead with funny animal, western, romance and children books also.  There is an audience for everything and always someone like yourself that it is just what they were looking for.  So you make it worthwhile. thanks JIM
ip icon Logged
Pages: [1]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission: Our mission is to present free of charge, and to the widest audience, popular cultural works of the past. These are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They reflect the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We do not endorse these views, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

Disclaimer: We aim to house only Public Domain content. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further. Utilizing our downloadable content, is strictly at your own risk. In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.