in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 42,820 books
 New: 187 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

Hello all, from Snard

Pages: [1]

topic icon Author Topic: Hello all, from Snard  (Read 2271 times)

Snard

• Administrator
message icon
Hello all, from Snard
« on: September 21, 2008, 12:20:08 AM »

Hi all,

I've been registered here for a while, but I think this is my first post. I heard about the forums from a few friends in the IRC #comicchat channel on irc.astrolink.org (If you do IRC, stop on by & say "hi"), and a few others I see on ICQ now and again (hi Yoc, JonTheScanner, Ontology, etc., etc.) I don't have a huge collection, but I'm a golden age fan, and have been known to have an affinity for Poppo of the Popcorn Theater. I think a few of my scans of that book might be in the download area.

I just finished reading a number of other folks' welcome posts, and I want to welcome them as well.

Thanks for listening,

- Snard
ip icon Logged

Yoc

• Past Member
message icon
Re: Hello all, from Snard
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2008, 03:25:17 AM »

;D :D
A hardy big WELCOME to the site Snard!!  Even if you have been registered for a while.
I know your main source for new scans isn't here but I think you'll be very pleasantly surprised by the number of brand-new-never-been-shared-before scans that show up here on the site!
And I hope you'll consider including the GAC as another possible source for sharing your own scans and edits.
If you are interested I could shoot you the needed FTP info.  Just say the word!

Great to see you here and say hi to the gang on IRC.  I don't get there much as I still haven't gotten my head around the whole IRC thing.  ICQ, etc seem so much easier to figure.

Take care,
-Yoc
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2008, 03:43:02 AM »

Welcome Snard enjoy the offerings
ip icon Logged

Snard

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2008, 01:16:03 PM »

Thanks for the welcome!

I don't know what the 'etiquette' is here regarding talking about what we've scanned and shared; I understand that this site only shares scans that are known to be public domain. Lately, I haven't been scanning as much as I've been editing the scans of others (most notably Henry Peters), as well as the occasional fiche edit from rolster and Ontology.

Yoc, I'd be happy to share my scans via FTP, for the books that are eligible. I assume anything that is uploaded gets cross-checked before it's made publicly available. Please pass along the details in a PM.

- Snard
ip icon Logged

Geo (R.I.P.)

• VIP & JVJ Project Member
message icon
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2008, 06:44:00 PM »

Welcome aboard Snard. More GAC scanners are always welcome here, look forward to seeing some of your scans when you start uploading them.

Geo
ip icon Logged

JonTheScanner

• VIP & JVJ Project Member
message icon
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2008, 08:25:10 PM »

Hola, Mr. Whiplash  (Sorry private joke -- not even funny enough to explain).  Glad to see you hanging out here too.

ip icon Logged
Pages: [1]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission: Our mission is to present free of charge, and to the widest audience, popular cultural works of the past. These are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They reflect the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We do not endorse these views, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

Disclaimer: We aim to house only Public Domain content. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further. Utilizing our downloadable content, is strictly at your own risk. In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.