in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 42,823 books
 New: 183 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

The JVJ collection: OtherEric's scans

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13

topic icon Author Topic: The JVJ collection: OtherEric's scans  (Read 92590 times)

JVJ

• VIP & JVJ Project Member
message icon
Re: The JVJ collection: OtherEric's scans
« Reply #50 on: December 05, 2008, 03:53:48 AM »

Just this ONCE, Eric.
See Jim's Law #1.

Peace, Jim (|:{>
ip icon Logged

Yoc

• Past Member
message icon
« Reply #51 on: December 05, 2008, 06:30:07 AM »

LOL
ip icon Logged

JonTheScanner

message icon
« Reply #52 on: December 05, 2008, 04:54:33 PM »

Thanks, Jim.  I didn't know how easy it would be for you to get to just the one comic so didn't want to ask you directly.

It's given me a real "high"* though to know I reconstructed that ifc correctly.  I don't think I put the restored version on the site because I wasn't sure, but will do so this weekend

*It was sorely needed -- looks like I'm heading back for more surgery before Xmas, probably the end of next week.  A minor procedure as they call it, but I say anytime they put you under it's major to you.

I'll either have more (if I'm moping at home) or less (if I'm real bad -- unlikely) time to scan JVJ's but I will get to them.
ip icon Logged

OtherEric

message icon
« Reply #53 on: December 05, 2008, 05:15:27 PM »

Be well, Jon.  We'll all keep you in our thoughts.
ip icon Logged

phabox

message icon
« Reply #54 on: December 05, 2008, 05:33:31 PM »

Hang in there Jon, we're all rooting for you.

-Nigel
ip icon Logged

Yoc

• Past Member
message icon
« Reply #55 on: December 05, 2008, 07:03:15 PM »

Good luck Jon!
:)
ip icon Logged

JVJ

message icon
« Reply #56 on: December 05, 2008, 07:19:33 PM »

Best of luck, Jon,
Keep us posted on your progress.

And, for the record, I can get to ANY of my comics by moving at the maximum ONE box. Here's some shots I took awhile ago of just part of my comic book collection.

So it's never a hassle to get at a specific book. The comics are flat in the boxes and they are not in plastic bags, so I just stand the boxes up and thumb through to the book I want.

As I've said many times here, I'm a bit crazy.

Peace, Jim (|:{>
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #57 on: December 05, 2008, 10:21:37 PM »

you know how they show people in movies rolling around in money. Jim can I come to your house and roll around in comics :P ;D
ip icon Logged

JVJ

message icon
« Reply #58 on: December 05, 2008, 10:36:30 PM »

People have, narf, people have!

If you're ever in the area, don't hesitate to call.

ip icon Logged

Yoc

• Past Member
message icon
« Reply #59 on: December 06, 2008, 01:00:53 AM »

What a lovely picture Jim.
I can just SMELL all those comics..... *drool*
:D
ip icon Logged

darkmark

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #60 on: December 06, 2008, 02:42:39 AM »

Best of luck and prayers for Jon the Scanner.

And I can imagine Jim burrowing thru his comics like a gopher, and throwing them up, and letting them hit him on the head...
ip icon Logged

Geo (R.I.P.)

message icon
« Reply #61 on: December 06, 2008, 06:22:58 AM »

I "feel" your pain Jon, I too have been having some problems with my health, I just found out I have arthritis (don't know which kind yet, just hope it's not the bad one, but having either one is bad enough). Nice way to go into the "golden years" huh, and then I just past a kidney stone this past week (can it get any worse?) so I've been off work most of the week, just laying around.
Anyway Jon may God be looking out for you and Bless you that you come out fine on the surgery. You'll be in my and the wife's prayers.

Geo
ip icon Logged
Comic Book Plus In-House Image

JVJ

message icon
« Reply #62 on: December 06, 2008, 07:14:20 AM »

Are my comics destroying the scanners? Geez, guys,
please get well ASAP. Okay?

I hate to be the one to break the bad news, but the reason that time seems to go by so fast after you hit 50 is... wait for it... it's ALL downhill! Just kidding, but you really better get used to some additional aches and pains.

As someone famous (or at least very smart) once said, "If I knew I was going to live this long, I would have taken better care of myself when I was young."

On the other hand, I have to chuckle when I read a novel that contains a line like "The elderly gentleman must have been in his early sixties, at least." I may have more aches to deal with, but "elderly" is NOT how I think of myself. And I hope Jon and Geo never think that either. Take care, guys, and think positive thoughts -- like how many more comics you will get to see when you come back to full speed.

Best.
ip icon Logged

JonTheScanner

message icon
« Reply #63 on: December 06, 2008, 11:27:44 PM »

Certainly not your comics, JVJ.  For those of you who don't know, I was diagnosed with prostate cancer a year ago May.  (And all of you males over 40 should have PSA tests.)  My prostate was removed last July (i.e. 2007).  The cancer is completely gone, but I've had healign problems (Scarring) from the surgery.  It happens in about 5% of the cases I'm told.  The corrective surgeries aren't too bad, but they're just annoying as is the problem if they arent' done.
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #64 on: December 07, 2008, 12:45:03 AM »

A few extra prayers can't hurt. I may get a cancer but probably not prostate as my psa was below the chart.
ip icon Logged

Yoc

• Past Member
message icon
« Reply #65 on: December 07, 2008, 09:28:34 AM »

Wow, sorry to hear about your problems Jon, but it's good of you to share them with us.  Someone might get the message and look into these things.

GL with the recovery!
ip icon Logged

OtherEric

message icon
« Reply #66 on: December 11, 2008, 11:45:26 AM »

Just as a heads up, while I've gotten several books scanned this week I was running behind and am late handing them off to editors or doing them myself.  But in addition to two issues of Phantom Lady I've done several of JVJ's Authentic Police Cases issues  You'll see some of that soon; I just didn't want people to think I was slacking off.
ip icon Logged

rez

• Past Member
message icon
« Reply #67 on: December 15, 2008, 05:31:47 AM »

Authentic Police Cases No.3 is now in the FTP.
ip icon Logged

Yoc

• Past Member
message icon
« Reply #68 on: December 15, 2008, 03:45:59 PM »

Authentic Police Cases No.3 is now up.
Thanks guys!
ip icon Logged

OtherEric

message icon
« Reply #69 on: December 18, 2008, 03:05:33 PM »

And, as the holidays approach I seem to have less and less time to scan, or do anything for that matter.  But I was able to get at least a couple books scanned and edited for your enjoyment, thanks to JVJ's generosity:

Authentic Police Cases 13, with a Baker cover and 8 page story.

Target Comics v3 n8, highlights here are Wolverton Spacehawk and a Spillane text story.

Enjoy; sorry I wasn't able to do more this week.
ip icon Logged

Yoc

• Past Member
message icon
« Reply #70 on: December 18, 2008, 07:37:28 PM »

Thanks Jim and Eric!  Lovely to see new Target material!
:D
ip icon Logged

krankyboy

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #71 on: December 18, 2008, 10:31:37 PM »

Target Comics v3 n8, highlights here are Wolverton Spacehawk and a Spillane text story.

Thanks for adding this Target Comics issue, Eric (and to JVJ, of course). Fun to read the stories about Niles and the other Targeteers in WWII.  ;D
ip icon Logged

OtherEric

message icon
« Reply #72 on: December 19, 2008, 01:45:46 PM »

And snow has defeated my efforts to get to work tonight, which is bad for me but means another scan for you:

Authentic Police Cases 14; featuring a Baker cover and 8 page story now available for your enjoyment.

I was being good, I walked out for my bus nearly an hour early.  Only to find that the bus was not running up the hill.  So I called for a taxi.  5 hours later, still no taxi.  Although, to their credit, they called me back every couple of hours to make sure I still wanted it.  At this point, 3 hours late for work, I figured I had done everything within my ability to get to work- I don't own a car and my roommates quite understandably were not going out either.  I just don't want to use the time off.  Anyway, enough rant.  I just needed to vent a bit.
ip icon Logged

Yoc

• Past Member
message icon
« Reply #73 on: December 19, 2008, 05:56:58 PM »

Thanks Eric!
:)
ip icon Logged

OtherEric

message icon
« Reply #74 on: December 22, 2008, 02:54:14 PM »

Authentic Police Cases 18, featuring a Baker cover and 8 page story.

I'm seeing a repeating theme in my past few posts, but it's all good stuff.  Enjoy!
ip icon Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission: Our mission is to present free of charge, and to the widest audience, popular cultural works of the past. These are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They reflect the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We do not endorse these views, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

Disclaimer: We aim to house only Public Domain content. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further. Utilizing our downloadable content, is strictly at your own risk. In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.