in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 42,813 books
 New: 194 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

My Further Uploads

Pages: [1] 2

topic icon Author Topic: My Further Uploads  (Read 14767 times)

ALV910

• VIP
message icon
My Further Uploads
« on: February 22, 2009, 06:47:58 AM »

Hi, new here; just went and uploaded Startling Comics #36.  Category listings didn't show up so I picked "unsorted" since it was the only option showing up.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2009, 08:45:06 PM by ALV910 »
ip icon Logged

Yoc

• Past Member
message icon
Re: Startling Comics #36 uploaded
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2009, 08:23:19 AM »

Now up gang. 
Great work ALV910 and welcome to the site!

:)
ip icon Logged

krankyboy

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2009, 09:09:37 AM »

Great stuff, ALV! Thanks so much for posting this!  ;D
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2009, 11:19:41 AM »

Thanks a lot ALV. After you get upgraded to VIP, for uploading a book, the other options will open up for you. And you are welcome to fill as many as you can  :)
ip icon Logged

dhfh

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2009, 04:46:19 PM »

Hi, new here; just went and uploaded Startling Comics #36.  Category listings didn't show up so I picked "unsorted" since it was the only option showing up.

That was a great issue to start out with, ALV.  Nice scans, too.  Do you have any more Nedors we're needing?

Welcome aboard,

DHFH
ip icon Logged

darkmark

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2009, 06:51:39 PM »

Thanks for the Startling. ;)
ip icon Logged

ALV910

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2009, 04:48:08 AM »

That was a great issue to start out with, ALV.  Nice scans, too.  Do you have any more Nedors we're needing?

So far that's the only Nedor (and public domain GA comic) I have.  But I'll let you all know if I come across any others.
ip icon Logged

ALV910

• VIP
message icon
Re: My Further Uploads
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2009, 08:45:39 PM »

Okay, I just uploaded Jungle Comics #49.  It'll probably show up on the site at some point.
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2009, 02:44:12 AM »

And now to everyones pleasure it is now available. Thanks 910
ip icon Logged

Yoc

• Past Member
message icon
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2009, 07:09:20 PM »

Great job ALV910!
Karma for you.  :)
ip icon Logged

freddyfly

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2009, 07:07:24 AM »

Great to see someone else (other than me) upload an issue (other than reprints/partials) for the first time in 7 months!
Especially nice to have another issue with Fantomah (1-51)! Thanx!
ip icon Logged

Yoc

• Past Member
message icon
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2009, 04:22:17 AM »

True enough Freddy.
I've only got a small number of partials left myself.
Anyone wanting to help out with more fills Please scan and share them.
:)
ip icon Logged
Comic Book Plus In-House Image

ALV910

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2010, 05:08:46 AM »

I just uploaded a paper version of Captain Marvel Adventures #31.  Should be up soon.  Also forgot to mention that the cover is from a Heritage auction.
ip icon Logged

boox909

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2010, 05:29:08 AM »

I just uploaded a paper version of Captain Marvel Adventures #31.  Should be up soon.  Also forgot to mention that the cover is from a Heritage auction.

Paper?!!  :o :o :o

Thank you for this.

B.
ip icon Logged

ALV910

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2010, 09:32:50 PM »

Some time this week I'll be uploading the missing pages of Fantastic Comics #17.
ip icon Logged

boox909

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2010, 09:34:25 PM »

Some time this week I'll be uploading the missing pages of Fantastic Comics #17.

;D Awesome news!  ;D
ip icon Logged

ALV910

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2010, 04:47:07 AM »

It took longer than a week but I finally uploaded it.  I'm not too happy with how my scans turned out since I can't really get it to match the other pages from the JVJ/OE file.  But it's there for everyone who wanted to read the entirety of Samson, Yank Wilson, Sub Saunders, and the first Black Fury story.
ip icon Logged

Menticide

• VIP & JVJ Project Member
message icon
« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2010, 05:40:59 AM »

Hey, I've read a few Yank Wilson stories, and I love the artwork. It has a feel to it that seems awfully familiar to me, but I'm not sure who the artist was, and the ones that I have read have no credits on them. So, I must ask, does anyone know who the artist was? And, I'm going to admit it right away, I'm relatively certain that once the question is answered, I will be kicking myself, because it looks so dang familiar to me.
ip icon Logged

boox909

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2010, 02:09:23 PM »

It took longer than a week but I finally uploaded it.  I'm not too happy with how my scans turned out since I can't really get it to match the other pages from the JVJ/OE file.  But it's there for everyone who wanted to read the entirety of Samson, Yank Wilson, Sub Saunders, and the first Black Fury story.

Fantastic Comics #17 - JVJ+OE c2c is now live on the download site!

Thank you for getting this to us ALV910!!!  ;D
ip icon Logged

JVJ

message icon
« Reply #19 on: August 03, 2010, 07:54:39 PM »

Hey, I've read a few Yank Wilson stories, and I love the artwork. It has a feel to it that seems awfully familiar to me, but I'm not sure who the artist was, and the ones that I have read have no credits on them. So, I must ask, does anyone know who the artist was? And, I'm going to admit it right away, I'm relatively certain that once the question is answered, I will be kicking myself, because it looks so dang familiar to me.

It's SIGNED, Menticide. "C.N. Cuidera" in the lower left corner of the splash panel. Cuidera has always seemed rather generic to me and I have a difficult time recognizing his style. Thanks goodness for signatures, eh?

Peace, Jim (|:{>
ip icon Logged

Menticide

message icon
« Reply #20 on: August 03, 2010, 08:41:50 PM »

It's SIGNED, Menticide. "C.N. Cuidera" in the lower left corner of the splash panel. Cuidera has always seemed rather generic to me and I have a difficult time recognizing his style. Thanks goodness for signatures, eh?

I think this explains why it would look familiar to me:

http://lambiek.net/artists/c/cuidera_chuck.htm
ip icon Logged

JVJ

message icon
« Reply #21 on: August 03, 2010, 11:33:49 PM »

I think this explains why it would look familiar to me:

http://lambiek.net/artists/c/cuidera_chuck.htm

I can honestly say that I see no stylistic connection between the Yank Wilson story and those samples on Lambiek. Same name? - yes indeed. Same style? - not to my eyes. As I mentioned, Cuidera has always been an enigma to me. C'est la vie, eh?

ip icon Logged

ALV910

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #22 on: March 17, 2011, 08:47:06 AM »

For some reason I'm having trouble uploading, so here's a mediafire link to Captain Marvel Adventures #15.

http://www.mediafire.com/?dd1ih8ymdndkidc

I scanned it from a coverless copy and the cover comes from Heritage, so there's no ifc, ibc, or bc.
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #23 on: March 17, 2011, 10:06:40 AM »

Thank you very much I am getting it from mediafire.  Uploads are currently only by ftp
ip icon Logged

ALV910

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #24 on: October 07, 2011, 07:53:29 PM »

Here is a paper & fiche Captain Marvel Adventures #24.  Since the copy I used was missing pages (ifc, ibc, pgs 3-4, 33-36, 65-66), I used the pages from Darkmark's fiche file.  Front and back covers come from Heritage.  For those of you wondering, the Monster Society of Evil chapter is complete, the missing pages don't affect it.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=B5RTRLZJ
ip icon Logged
Pages: [1] 2

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission and Disclaimer: The mission of Comic Book Plus is to present completely free of charge, and to the widest possible audience, popular cultural works of the past. These records are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They are historical documents reflecting the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We at Comic Book Plus do not endorse the views expressed in these, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

We aim to house only content in the Public Domain. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, then please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further.