in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 42,823 books
 New: 181 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

problem with list

Pages: [1]

topic icon Author Topic: problem with list  (Read 3357 times)

ubantuban

• VIP
message icon
problem with list
« on: February 26, 2009, 10:14:10 AM »

Hi guys! I have a problem with the "latest-100-uploaded-page" or what you want to call it.
When I go to the usual adress (http://goldenagecomics.co.uk/stats2.php), what I get is this:

Crack Comics 024_JVJon
Fairy Tale Parade 003_Jon-AgentUup

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: getlang() in /home/golden/public_html/functions/rwd_functions.php on line 382

Can anyone tell me what this means?

Thanks
ip icon Logged

PeterC

• VIP
message icon
Re: problem with list
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2009, 12:14:17 PM »

I'm getting it too... basically the website is having troubles getting the info out of the database for one of the comics.  My guess is that it is http://goldenagecomics.co.uk//index.php?dlid=8387 (which is the number of the comic right before the one that is last showing up).  If a comic of that number didn't exist, we'd be getting another error message like http://goldenagecomics.co.uk//index.php?dlid=1.

Maybe an admin could delete the comic that has that id number?  Or check the title of it... maybe it has a $ in it... php (which the website is coded in) uses $ to declare variables and a $ in the title of the comic (or file name?) might be confusing it [I had this exact trouble at work recently... not with comics though, unfortunately ;)]

I think something in the comments, title or filename of id 8387 is confusing php to try to call a function.

Peter
ip icon Logged

John C

message icon
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2009, 02:49:36 PM »

Best I can figure, looking at it from the search results (where everything new is happily clustered at the bottom), the culprit is probably Jumbo Comics #57 from FreddyFly (#8391, which says it's not "approved yet," rather suspiciously).  Not the issue, but there's probably something ugly in the description or a comment that's not being escaped properly.  Quotes/apostrophes might throw off the database, and yeah, things like dollar signs could easily tick off PHP.

Could one of the administrators try yanking it and reposting, to see if that fixes things?
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2009, 03:20:11 PM »

It was me. I approved Fairy Tale Parade with a + sign in the home category.
ip icon Logged

Yoc

• Past Member
message icon
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2009, 05:51:01 PM »

Actually guys you are both wrong but I can't say exactly what has happened.

1 - I've added many files with a "+" symbol in it without any problems.  I even did a test file last night since the error appeared and the file was added just fine.  So it is NOT the "+" symbol.

2 - FreddyFly's latest upload was added AFTER the error appeared yesterday.  The file wasn't there last night when I went to bed so we shouldn't point fingers here.

The three Wings books added by MB were the only books I know of the might have done something but they look fine to me right now and downloaded without problems so I'm at a loss here.

I'll look for an email address for Serj or Zog, the only two that might have a fix for this.

-Yoc
« Last Edit: February 27, 2009, 01:44:34 AM by Yoc »
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2009, 09:32:56 PM »

I have emailed Serj and do believe that I caused it. Not only did the file have a plus sign but I did not indicate where to put it in the location field. So the 100 list can not find that issue and draws the blank from there back. I then uploaded Fairytale correctly and it works from there on. We could just wait until a hundred new issues have been uploaded and all will be well again but it would be nice to have if fixed before then.
ip icon Logged

John C

message icon
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2009, 10:26:32 PM »

2 - FreddyFly's latest upload was added AFTER the error appeared yesterday.  The file wasn't there last night when I went to bed so we shouldn't point fingers here.

I didn't mean to imply that the file caused it; I don't think the software would know if the file were good, bad, or even existing.  What I meant was that it appeared that books after it were accessible, those before couldn't be seen on the "recent" list, and its own page was inaccessible (which is odd for his files--I don't think I've ever seen a "not approved yet" message for his scans).

I was actually guessing that there was a bad comment inserted.  But the "I don't know where it is" sounds like a good candidate, too.
ip icon Logged

Yoc

• Past Member
message icon
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2009, 01:47:30 AM »

Hi Gang,
Serj knows about the problem and is looking into it.

Narf, ah, I see.  So you approved a file without giving it a proper 'home' category.
Never done that before so this is all new for everyone.

I don't see any damage done so don't worry about it.  As you said, eventually 100 new books will show up and the error wont be showing anymore.

-Yoc
ip icon Logged

Aussie500

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: Aussie500
message icon
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2009, 02:03:09 PM »

Likely it is that it was transferred who knows where that caused the problem, but l have asked in the past not to upload files with unusual characters in the name, you can add what ever you like to the site name but the file itself should not have something like + in the name. If mass uploading just change the name to something less likely to cause a problem. Changing it from Fairy Tale Parade 003_Jon+AgentUup to Fairy Tale Parade 003_Jon-AgentUup was OK. Question is where did the first version go.
ip icon Logged
Pages: [1]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission: Our mission is to present free of charge, and to the widest audience, popular cultural works of the past. These are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They reflect the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We do not endorse these views, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

Disclaimer: We aim to house only Public Domain content. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further. Utilizing our downloadable content, is strictly at your own risk. In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.