in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 42,813 books
 New: 194 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

Re: 0246 - Zane Grey's Thunder Mountain

Pages: [1]

topic icon Author Topic: Re: 0246 - Zane Grey's Thunder Mountain  (Read 692 times)

The Australian Panther

• VIP
message icon
« on: November 22, 2017, 02:00:04 AM »

Looking for info on Harry L. Parks (H.V.L. Parkhurst) I came across this little gem. Can't download it (easily) but you can rightclick and save the images if you are inclined.

https://issuu.com/djf_dumarais/docs/harry_v_parkhurst_a3

The site is worth exploring too.

Link to the book: 0246 - Zane Grey's Thunder Mountain
ip icon Logged

crashryan

• VIP & JVJ Project Member
message icon
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2017, 05:17:55 AM »

Here's a bio of Parkhurst from the excellent pulpartists.com site. If you don't know the site it's worth browsing. Lots of pulp artists crossed over into comics. Biographies of many of them appear here.

https://www.pulpartists.com/Parkhurst.html
ip icon Logged

The Australian Panther

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2017, 10:12:59 AM »

Thanks CrashRyan. I was aware of that site - have it bookmarked. I didn't check it at the time. Interestingly, The first three paragraphs word for word are copied into the slideshow on  issuu.com that I provided the link for. 
ip icon Logged
Pages: [1]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission and Disclaimer: The mission of Comic Book Plus is to present completely free of charge, and to the widest possible audience, popular cultural works of the past. These records are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They are historical documents reflecting the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We at Comic Book Plus do not endorse the views expressed in these, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

We aim to house only content in the Public Domain. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, then please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further.